Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely stuff....makes it more sweet to win by a 88th minute goal when it's Cocknose you are against.

Bori as I thought against Cov is the better of the two Hungarians.

Last edited:
Thought Hayles looked pretty good TBH, a lot better than Howard who was not good at all. Actually I don't know if good is the right word after such a terrible game.
Bori did well when he came on, Lazcko has great feet but should go more wide and challenge. McAuley is the rock - don't sell!

Thought Hayles looked pretty good TBH, a lot better than Howard who was not good at all

i'd disagree with the latter, agree fully with the start. howard did put their big bustling defence under pressure, which allowed players to come forward from midfield. cocknose thinks we were fouling scowcroft every time, how? every other ****er seems to think otherwise

I specifically saw McAuley fouling Scowcroft by attacking his elbow/lower arm with his chin. :018:

commentators were saying earlier that moleface was a good player for us....erm, yes. the best left winger we have ever had :icon_conf

that's the sort of stuff that we need to see.
3 clean sheets on the bounce.
virtually no shots on goal from a side unbeaten in 15.
players to come on (bori and DJ) to make a difference and hard work from the whole team. the back 5 (including alnwick) are amongst the best in the championship, if not THE best.
howard was unlucky and will score goals for us.
oakley and clemence are a solid pair
laczko and bori need to grow into the team a little more, with lazcko coming infield a little too often for me.
all in all though, a great, great turning point from Holloway!
well done fella's!!!

i'd disagree with the latter, agree fully with the start. howard did put their big bustling defence under pressure, which allowed players to come forward from midfield.

True, but I expect more from him, thought he looked clumsy with the ball. My stream was not the best either.

I will now download the game and watch the whole 90 minutes with joy because I know what happy ending it will be.

DJ looked a totally different type of forward when he came on, he will be key for us I think.

Hayles didnt play as badly as everyone is saying IMO, was surprised when he got MOTM though. Very pleased with our defence, especially McCauley.

True, but I expect more from him, thought he looked clumsy with the ball. My stream was not the best either.

I will now download the game and watch the whole 90 minutes with joy because I know what happy ending it will be.

it was all pretty awful, a lot of blame has to go to who ever has fecked our pitch up. howard was a much more effective player off the ball than on i'll summarise.

if being injured for several months gives you the little bit of edge that DJ showed at the end IH is probably planning on running fryatt over on his way home

Yeah, Mattock was good, the whole defence played well. Alnwick didn't have a save to make did he?

:038: nice to get three points, nice to see a team that didnt give up. 15th place is a much nicer place to be :)

Last edited:
Yeah, Mattock was good, the whole defence played well. Alnwick didn't have a save to make did he?

I don't remember Alnwick touching it really, which is good!

Thought we played well tonight. Looked solid, and fairly good on the counter, but the pitch seemed to stop a lot of the moves.

Was suprised Hayles started tonight, was even more suprised when he wasn't taken off when DJ came on, but it worked!

The big difference for me tonight compared to watching us in recent years was that when we were hoofing long balls up, we were actually winning virtually every header! I don't think Howard missed out on a header all night, Lackzo won a load too. Still don't like hoof ball, and we didn't get a lot from it tonight, but having big strong players up there who can win headers and hold the ball up will help us.

Good stuff! Onwards and upwards. Keep on building on it now for next season.

Still don't like hoof ball

if we had played any other way against this palace side we would have got absolutely hammered. they would have pushed our players off the ball and then hoofed up for a corner, followed by a goal

I must admit I was pissed off by our total lack of care with the ball. Whenever we won it, we just hit it anyway as opposed to a target at the very least. They were as bad tbf.

if we had played any other way against this palace side we would have got absolutely hammered. they would have pushed our players off the ball and then hoofed up for a corner, followed by a goal

Not complaining about it, a win's a win and I'll take any we can get.

I just meant that while it would be nicer to see the team playing good football, at least now if/when we do hoof it we've got someone up there who is actually going to do something with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669