Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ched

Max Gradel was absolutely brilliant.

Got a standing ovation from a few Palace fans. Watched by Curbishley as well.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've just been looking on a Palace site, they were very impressed with Gradel. One person thought Curbishley had been watching him, saying he left a few minutes after Gradel was subbed. But he was probably watching Mattock and left when he went off.
A Leeds fan on the Palace forum said he wanted us to sell Gradel so they wouldn't have to play against him.

The Palace fans were also taking the piss out of Stringer doing the commentary, particularly his surprise at Clinton Morrison not being in the team (he left at the end of last season!), and for saying Palace were playing in their away shirts, when they were wearing their home shirts. Surely a bit of research on the opposition isn't too much to ask?

FIF

Or maybe he was cleverly taking the piss out of the opposition - I like it.

I was genuinely impressed yesterday. Overall we should have won easily given the gilt edged chances we created. I loved the absence of the "hoofball" with everybody looking to pass the ball sensibly to a man in space. My quick player revies are as follows.

Henderson - Nothing to do really, but looked comfortable with what he did.

Gilbert - Good going forward and definately an athlete, possibly a bit shakey positionally but that could improve.

Morrison - Very impressed. I saw him at Luton and thought he looked a bit "green". Yesterday he looked very tidy and strong.

Tunchev - Didn't really impose himself as i thought he would but didn't do anything wrong. May need a few more games to get settled.

Mattock - Thought he looked very confident and talented for a lad of his age. Linked well with Dyer.

Gradel - Brilliant, has great feet and pace and will be a real handful this season. Needs to look up a little earlier, but that will come with time.

King - Looked really calm and composed and definately wasn't out of his depth. Could be a surprise start.

Oakley - Too deep in first half, but got much better in the 2nd when Kish allowed him to get further forward. Solid performance.

Dyer - He linked well with Mattock and put a few good crosses over. Was most impressed by his ball retention, never missed a pass.

Fryatt - He looked good at first but got a knock. Definately more mobile this season. When he's playing well i'd like to see him upfront with DJ not Howard.

Howard - Got better, and held the ball up well but i'm not convinced his hearts in it. Fryatt and DJ for me.

Can't be bothered to do the subs but they were all good (especially Adams and Kish) -Barry Hayle's looked terrible. This lad needs to retire ASAP as his legs have well gone.

I think if we play like yesterday, get a few early wins and the confidence grows this will be a good season for us. The average age yesterday was about 23/24 so this team has a lot of potential to get better over time.

alex

I only ask, as Fat Lad decided to start the tune: 'Tunchev ohhhhhh, Tunchev ohhhhh, he was a refugee but now he's quality....' He seemed very pleased with himself too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669