Cup Draw - City away to Chelski

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very short distance to the ground. Should be able to walk it in 5 mins.

But isn't that a tube station. Also Chris i need a little help with what tube to get from that station and how to make it to Marleybone in time for 10.32.

Out of interest how far is it from the ground to Marleybone station, may get a taxi as i could then leave the ground at the end.

Do they not open the other Tube Station on Matchdays? Is it West Brompton or something or maybe I'm talking complete drivel:102:

Fludes, if you can live with getting back to Rugby, you have more choices on trains and wouldn't need to leave early.

London Euston 22.40pm > Rugby 00.23pm or London Euston 23.40pm > Rugby 01.21pm

According to the tfl website, you could get the 21.53 tube from Fulham Broadway, change at Victoria and still be at Euston for 22.22 - 18 mins before the 22.40pm to Rugby.

The 22.40pm and 23.40pm trains have child singles available at only £5.

Going down to London, you can go from Leamington to Marylebone for only £7.45 single.

Fludes, if you can live with getting back to Rugby, you have more choices on trains and wouldn't need to leave early.

According to the tfl website, you could get the 21.53 tube from Fulham Broadway, change at Victoria and still be at Euston for 22.22 - 18 mins before the 22.40pm to Rugby.

Going down to London, you can go from Leamington to Marylebone for only £7.45 single.

Thanks so much for the help. i was getting worried, i will go back to Rugby then. So i suppose i could make it even if there was extra time.

Do they not open the other Tube Station on Matchdays? Is it West Brompton or something or maybe I'm talking complete drivel:102:

You are. West Brompton station has been open on Saturdays for a long time now, but it is about a mile from the ground and the quickest walking route in any case takes you right past the entrances to Fulham Broadway tube. Having said that West Brompton is a useful station in that National Rail trains from Clapham Junction and Willesden now call there; people coming off these trains might well walk from West Brompton rather than messing about changing to the tube for just one stop.

In recent years London Underground have vastly improved the access to Fulham Broadway station. There is now an extra and very wide entrance and passengers can access the whole length of the platforms and not just the end of them. This means that it is quicker to get onto the platform and that trains get away quicker and fuller. People can now get away from the ground far quicker than they ever did in the past.

You are. West Brompton station has been open on Saturdays for a long time now, but it is about a mile from the ground and the quickest walking route in any case takes you right past the entrances to Fulham Broadway tube. Having said that West Brompton is a useful station in that National Rail trains from Clapham Junction and Willesden now call there; people coming off these trains might well walk from West Brompton rather than messing about changing to the tube for just one stop.

In recent years London Underground have vastly improved the access to Fulham Broadway station. There is now an extra and very wide entrance and passengers can access the whole length of the platforms and not just the end of them. This means that it is quicker to get onto the platform and that trains get away quicker and fuller. People can now get away from the ground far quicker than they ever did in the past.

Wasn't complete,it does exist:icon_roll Keep me mouth shut from now though:icon_redf

Fludie is too old to travel on a child's ticket. Surely you are not suggesting that he defrauds the railway company and leaves himself open to prosecution.

"Please be aware that non-members with German addresses buying tickets for the Schalke game, or any non-members with an LE postcode buying for the Leicester game will have their orders cancelled. "

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

er.....which bit of the home end should i go in?

(don't wanna get my head kicked in, funnily enough)

Last edited:
"Please be aware that non-members with German addresses buying tickets for the Schalke game, or any non-members with an LE postcode buying for the Leicester game will have their orders cancelled. "

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

er.....which bit of the home end should i go in?

(don't wanna get my head kicked in, funnily enough)

Have got mine in the lower north family stand. Will be wearing my leicester shirt proudly(with a jacket on top ofcourse)

Am I correct in thinking there is a bit of a history of trouble between some of our 'fans' and their lot?

Am I correct in thinking there is a bit of a history of trouble between some of our 'fans' and their lot?

Apparently yes. Something kicked off om Boxing Day a while ago, which is why some Leicester fans sing...

"Hark Now Hear the Leicester Sing
Chelsea Ran Away
Now we will fight for ever more
Because of Boxing Day"

Or something similar!..

Chelsea also sing..

"We all follow the Chelsea
Over land and sea..AND LEICESTER"

I'm sure some of the older members here will be able to explain it better!

Chelski only sing that as it was due to signs on the M1 while they travelled the UK....We have had our fair share of bust ups with them though....

There is a whole chapter devoted to Leicester-Chelski in the book
'The Naughty Nineties'

There is a lot of history between the two. Chealsea mainly hate us because of a military style ambush from the leicester fans that happened on the London road in Leicester.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670