Current players who seemingly have no future at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is though that it is impossible to get rid of a permanently crocked player - nobody will want him. The only way that Tunchev will leave the club before the end of his contract is 'by mutual consent' with a cheque covering all the monies due under the remainder of that contract tucked securely in his back pocket.
Likewise with players who are just shite. How often do we hear people saying we should "offload" this player and that player as if they were an old fridge, not a human being with a contract and legal rights and stuff.

But it doesn't get him off the wages bill. They still have to be paid.

Well technically you are correct Boc, thanks for clearing it up :thumbs_up

Last edited:
The reality is though that it is impossible to get rid of a permanently crocked player - nobody will want him. The only way that Tunchev will leave the club before the end of his contract is 'by mutual consent' with a cheque covering all the monies due under the remainder of that contract tucked securely in his back pocket.

We've signed one or two, Darren Eadie brought his own treatment table with him.

Take off Vitor and N'Guessan.

Add Luke O'Neill, Craig King, Aman Verma, Chambers, Kermorgant, Neilson and possibly Tunchev.

I feel sorry for Moreno. Poor bloke must be wondering why the feck he left Portugal.

I'm not sure about Neilson, as he's still second-choice right back, whereas Lamey is now lagging behind as third. I really don't see how Vitor will ever get a look in with all the competition in that position, and I think N'Guessan is simply being displaced by Franck Moussa.

I hadn't forgotten about any of the players in the list you mentioned, it's just that this was more a list of players who have dropped right out of the team as result of the recent changes at the club.

But if I add the semi-youth players, as well as the others you mentioned, I think all these players have no future:

Moreno
Leon Crncic
Michael Lamey
Ashley Chambers
Aman Verma
Craig King
Yann Kermorgant
Luke O' Neill
Aleksander Tuchev
Miguel Vitor
Dany N'Guessan
Tom Kennedy

Last edited:
Gallagher can be added to that list too

Idiot. Gally is about the most technically gifted player we have. When he gets fit he is a great player. I know Sven recognises this and there is no way he will be leaving this squad.

But it doesn't get him off the wages bill. They still have to be paid.

When this happens, we are usually able to take advatage of a few tax loopholes to give him the money that he would have recieved, without paying out the money that we have spent. That's why it happens.

Idiot. Gally is about the most technically gifted player we have. When he gets fit he is a great player. I know Sven recognises this and there is no way he will be leaving this squad.

Gally's running out of time. His performances are far too sporadic. It's the same 'technical gift' which sees him constantly miss the target with a shot cos he attempts to curl the ball around the keeper rather than ensuring it's on target.

Personally feel sorry for Kennedy, signed by Pearson and having seen him play he's worthy of a chance in my opinion. Also a very good set piece taker. That said Sven might view him as a left midfielder more.

N'Guessan can see stick around. He has the physical presence manager love, just got get the best out of him. A good impact player.

What on earth is a semi-youth player?

Just a term I made up to describe people like Ashley Chambers where, at 20, he's not really an academy player any more, but at the same time, he hasn't broken into the first team squad. You're right though, "semi-youth player" is a nonsense term.

Gally's running out of time. His performances are far too sporadic. It's the same 'technical gift' which sees him constantly miss the target with a shot cos he attempts to curl the ball around the keeper rather than ensuring it's on target.

Personally feel sorry for Kennedy, signed by Pearson and having seen him play he's worthy of a chance in my opinion. Also a very good set piece taker. That said Sven might view him as a left midfielder more.

For me Gally's too light weight; gets knocked of the ball too easily, appears to pull out of tackles and never looks up for the fight one is needed (although that last bit could be said about any of our midfielders). More of a luxury player - bring him on for the last 15 minutes when we're winning comfortably.

I agree about Kennedy. I think he deserves more of a chance than he has had

Last edited by a moderator:
More of a luxury player - bring him on for the last 15 minutes when we're winning comfortably.

If we are winning comfortably, what is the point in bringing him on?
He certainly will not be 'fresh legs'.
The only point in bringing him on surely would be for his famed 'technical' skills if we are not winning?

Players who futures definitely lie elsewhere currently: curtis davies, kyle naughton, greg cunningham, miguel vitor.
Players who should be let go/sold if Sven's plans achieve succes - leading to more investment in January on actual signings: lamey, nielsen, logan, crncic, n'guessan, oakley, verma, kermorgant.
Too early to have fully rounded opinion on Abe or Moreno as one of them will surely emerge as a strong holding midfield alternative.
If we cut out the dross by january - the overall standard of the squad and thus the training sessions, competition etc will become nearer the required standard. Dyer running at nielsen all day in training isn't going to push him on to a higher level is it!

I'm not sure about Neilson, as he's still second-choice right back, whereas Lamey is now lagging behind as third. I really don't see how Vitor will ever get a look in with all the competition in that position, and I think N'Guessan is simply being displaced by Franck Moussa.

I hadn't forgotten about any of the players in the list you mentioned, it's just that this was more a list of players who have dropped right out of the team as result of the recent changes at the club.

But if I add the semi-youth players, as well as the others you mentioned, I think all these players have no future:

Moreno
Leon Crncic
Michael Lamey
Ashley Chambers
Aman Verma
Craig King
Yann Kermorgant
Luke O' Neill
Aleksander Tuchev
Miguel Vitor
Dany N'Guessan
Tom Kennedy

Aren't Craig King and Luke O'Neil still playing for the under-18s? What singles these players out from others in that squad?

If we are winning comfortably, what is the point in bringing him on?
He certainly will not be 'fresh legs'.
The only point in bringing him on surely would be for his famed 'technical' skills if we are not winning?

Gallagher is one of that breed of players who everyone says is 'technically' outstanding, but under-achieves. I recall when he joined us the Blackburn fans posted on their forum that he was a very decent player who just didn't seem to hack it.

It's not likely at all that it will happen for him now - he's a light weight luxury that not many clubs would want to carry on their pay roll.

Gallagher is one of that breed of players who everyone says is 'technically' outstanding, but under-achieves. I recall when he joined us the Blackburn fans posted on their forum that he was a very decent player who just didn't seem to hack it.

It's not likely at all that it will happen for him now - he's a light weight luxury that not many clubs would want to carry on their pay roll.

By his own admission, he's never felt fully fit yet this season and now has a back problem which means he is out of the squad for tomorrow.

According to some reports he 'ran the show' for the first half hour against Hull so he can't be that bad.

According to some reports he 'ran the show' for the first half hour against Hull so he can't be that bad.

No he didn't, not in any way whatsoever - he was woeful in every way during that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669