Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with han. It's Yuki coming in the team this season that has caused King and Wellens to improve so much. Yuki does all the defensive work so they can go forward. Yuki's iimproving in his creativity too, he was almost playing as a deep-lying playmaker on Saturday, spraying balls out everywhere as if he were Andrea Pirlo.

Last edited:
I'd drop Abe to the bench if we had a bigger, pacier all rounder to stick in there. Abe's busy enough - but as with Berne & Hobbs - it's not until they are replaced by a player of higher class that you realise the mistaked they made.
Abe is getting better and better as our defensive midfielder, but is still dominated by attacking midfielders IMO - as evidenced by the amount of times he's pictured just behind them as they break into the box: Ipswich, Swansea, Man City, Milwall to name a few...

No offence, Sparky old bean, but that is a load of complete and utter bollocks

You couldn't be more mistaken if you tried

I'd drop Abe to the bench if we had a bigger, pacier all rounder to stick in there. Abe's busy enough - but as with Berne & Hobbs - it's not until they are replaced by a player of higher class that you realise the mistaked they made.
Abe is getting better and better as our defensive midfielder, but is still dominated by attacking midfielders IMO - as evidenced by the amount of times he's pictured just behind them as they break into the box: Ipswich, Swansea, Man City, Milwall to name a few...

I'm afraid I don't agree, and if I had to pick one of them it would be king. It's fantastic he pops up and scores, but he needs to add more to his game as he is a midfielder. His distribution can be improved and he's not going to put in loads of tackles. But he is young and I think he will go on to be a massive player for us (I hope so)

I'd be happy for us to sign better back up to be honest. Oakley & Moussa are not giving you like for like when swapped. Replace these 2 and let the new ones fight to get into the team.

I'm afraid I don't agree, and if I had to pick one of them it would be king. It's fantastic he pops up and scores, but he needs to add more to his game as he is a midfielder. His distribution can be improved and he's not going to put in loads of tackles. But he is young and I think he will go on to be a massive player for us (I hope so)

I'd be happy for us to sign better back up to be honest. Oakley & Moussa are not giving you like for like when swapped. Replace these 2 and let the new ones fight to get into the team.

Does he? :102: Why does he have to play a certain way because he is a midfielder? :102:

The thing I love about our midfield three is that they all do different jobs and they all compliment each other and work together perfectly. It's been the spine of our side and imo the reason for our success since Sven brought it about (Sousa very rarely played it). To drop any out of the three of them would be silly.

Last edited:

What a load of f*cking bollux!

The only time Abe would not be in the team is if Ferguson rings up and says he wants him as his replacement for Paul Scholes!

This is the best midfield we've had for about 10 years. None of them deserve to be dropped. End of.

Rock on Tommy

The Wellens-Abe-King combination is the finest thing this club has created for many, many years

I despair sometimes, really do

I can see why people are behind Abe, and i think he's a good player. And Sven is dead right that our defence is the main priority new signings wise. That said - i still think that there are a lot better defensive midfielders about than Yuki.
People were well behind Hobbs until we saw what Bamba could do - now people would be happy for him to be on the bench. It's not disruption, it's improvement.
IMO (which is all it is) If someone of the calibre of Zokora came in Wellens and King would have even more confidence to get forward which has been the major benefiti of 4-3-3 with Yuki screening.
can't remember him receiving any man of the match awards recently - so it's perfectly valid to say that a player we've been rumoured to be looking at would be better than him.

Last edited:
Yuki has been a revelation, how some can 'criticise' him is beyond belief!!!! He is a great little player

can't remember him receiving any man of the match awards recently - so it's perfectly valid to say that a player we've been rumoured to be looking at would be better than him.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: That may well be the funniest piece of logic I have ever seen.

Last edited:
what's ubelievable is that you don't think a player that was signed by spurs for £11m and now plays for a top 6 la liga side is better than Yuki Abe.
that's unbelievable. I think if you asked 10 people 9 would say that Zokora was the better player.
Not exactly a controversial point.
It's not a criticism of Abe (who i think has done a good job) to say that another player is better than him!

Last edited:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: That may well be the funniest piece of logic I have ever seen.

not really - just illustrating that he's not undroppable should Sven bring in someone with more pedigree.

what's ubelievable is that you don't think a player that was signed by spurs for £11m and now plays for a top 6 la liga side is better than Yuki Abe.
that's unbelievable. I think if you asked 10 people 9 would say that Zokora was the better player.
Not exactly a controversial point.
It's not a criticism of Abe (who i think has done a good job) to say that another player is better than him!

Torres is better than Vassell!!! What's your point?

Does he? :102: Why does he have to play a certain way because he is a midfielder? :102:

The thing I love about our midfield three is that they all do different jobs and they all compliment each other and work together perfectly. It's been the spine of our side and imo the reason for our success since Sven brought it about (Sousa very rarely played it). To drop any out of the three of them would be silly.

He does because if / when we play at a higher level, King won't be afforded the time or space he enjoys at the moment. Which in turn will reduce the number of goals he's likely to score. So if he struggles to likn play or can't put a tackle in then when his goals dry up what would he offer as a midfielder? which is why quality midfielders habe more than one string to their bow. Take Wellens, he can graft and tackle with the best of them, but his vision and awareness is what sets him apart. Frank Lampard, his passing and vision is quality, but he's added goals to his CV which makes him so impressive. Don't get me wrong I think and hope he will continue to learn and become a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669