DAB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
one for my room, not personal, maybe a clock radio?

Have you seen this one on Ebay?

logo_paypalPP_16x16.gif

iconNew_16x16.gif
Matsui DABR102 DAB FM Digital Radio Alarm Clock *NEW*

bin_15x54.gif

£22.99
+£9.959d 8h 8m

good price and has an alarm to help get your sorry ass out of bed:icon_wink

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one for my birthday last year, great bit of kit.

Piece of piss to set up, just plug into the mains and it sets itself up, loads of radio stations and very easy to use. The alarm on it is good as well, you can set it so that it just goes off on weekdays so you don't have to remember to set it every night.

I have no idea how much it cost as it was a birthday present but I think it is a 'PURE' DAB radio. Will have a search for it and try and find a link to it!

EDIT: http://www.radio-now.co.uk/pure_chronos.htm

Not had a look on all that site, but it looks as if it is a review site for DAB radios.

Last edited:
I got one for my birthday last year, great bit of kit.

Piece of piss to set up, just plug into the mains and it sets itself up, loads of radio stations and very easy to use. The alarm on it is good as well, you can set it so that it just goes off on weekdays so you don't have to remember to set it every night.

I have no idea how much it cost as it was a birthday present but I think it is a 'PURE' DAB radio. Will have a search for it and try and find a link to it!

EDIT: http://www.radio-now.co.uk/pure_chronos.htm

Not had a look on all that site, but it looks as if it is a review site for DAB radios.
looks good and a snip from amazon £56 odd, I just had £35 cash back from quidco, so might treat myself.

Last edited:
Acoustic Solutions DAB digital clock radio

Acoustic Solutions DAB digital clock radio
reviewed by Tim Jones
I wanted a cheap and cheerful DAB clock radio - and the Acoustic Solution DAB/FM clock radio fits the bill perfectly. At GBP40 it's extremely affordable. The design won't suit everyone, but it's fine for the bedroom.

Once plugged in, it took seconds to auto-scan and find all the available stations. I thought the buttons were all self-explanatory - there aren't that many - and I didn't need to wade through the instruction booklet. The green LCD two-line display is basic but shows you the usual stuff: station, scrolling text, etc. With the radio off, the time is displayed in 24-hour format, although I think they could have used bigger text.

Two tuning buttons scroll up or down alphabetically through the stations; the delay is around 1 or 2 seconds. I was pleased to see you can toggle between FM and DAB, and manually tune for a FM frequency. But there are no station preset buttons with this one. There are snooze and sleep buttons, along with an alarm button which allows you to set a time and select if you want to wake to a buzzer or the radio.

There's one speaker, positioned on the top of the case, but the minijack headphone socket at the front gives you stereo output.

The sound quality is fairly average. Speech is ok, but some of the music stations lack bass, sounding a bit tinny even through the headphones. I mostly listen to speech radio - so it's fine for me. When it's switched off, there is a slight hiss from the speaker (a common problem for cheaper models) but I'm glad to say the noise isn't very noticeable.

The aerial is a decent length, and it comes with a DC adapter to plug into the mains. There's no battery option with this one.

Sadly, it didn't work straight out the box. My frozen LCD display was traced to a loose circuit board inside. It took 5 mins to fix by unscrewing the case and getting inside. Probably a one-off - rather than a fundamental design fault - but you never know.

Find out where to buy the Acoustic Solutions DAB alarm clock radio online.

For: one of the cheapest DAB alarm radios, easy to use, good to have FM as a backup
Against: sound quality is average, slight hiss from the speaker when turned off, no station preset buttons, the silver-coloured plastic design won't be to everyone's taste
Verdict: a decent no-frills DAB clock radio for those on a budget
Price: GBP39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673