Speculation David Cotterill

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wikipedia it states "Cotterill was released from his contract by mutual consent from Swansea City on 12/01/12, he goes after making no appearances in the premier league season 2011/12. Later that day David teamed up with Leicester City for a training session with a view to earning a permanent deal"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/229910/Nigel-Pearson-offers-David-Cotterill-a-lifeline/

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/34639-The-annoying-but-traditional-totally-unfounded-Autumn-Winter-2011-12-rumours-thread?p=1088073&viewfull=1#post1088073

Not exactly a glittering career.

However if he signs no doubt we will getting an ordinary player for no fee and presumably modest wages - as distinct from under Sven paying monster fees and massive wages for ordinary players. This must represent a kind of progress.

Not exactly a glittering career.

However if he signs no doubt we will getting an ordinary player for no fee and presumably modest wages - as distinct from under Sven paying monster fees and massive wages for ordinary players. This must represent a kind of progress.

Hello, do I detect the first cracks in the "Nigel is always right" façade? Pearson out!!! :icon_bigg

Hello, do I detect the first cracks in the "Nigel is always right" façade? Pearson out!!! :icon_bigg

I don't think anyone can say Redditch has ever been in the Nigel is always right camp (if such a thing exists), he has often been the most depressing member of the board when it comes to the management and owners, as he'll be the first to admit!

I don't think anyone can say Redditch has ever been in the Nigel is always right camp (if such a thing exists), he has often been the most depressing member of the board when it comes to the management and owners, as he'll be the first to admit!

Thanks for your endorsement Matt - I think!

You are correct one would have to go back to Big Jock before you get to a manager who I thought was always right. And the owners of the club have always been rubbish in my opinion! Although the type of rubbish as varied from being too stingey through to being totally ineffective through to not knowing the first thing about English League Football, The exception being of course being in that short but inspiring period when the Foxes Trust thought they were running the club when I thought there was a bit of a chance that we could get relocated on the Welford Road reccy.

Pearson is better than dear old Sven because he has a better understanding of the game at this level. The football he promotes isn't generally very entertaining but he is more likely to get results - but I doubt if there will be a lot of fun along the way.

NP has said the squad is not as big as people think, our bench yesterday proved that, i would expect him to sign as it gives us a new alternative to Gally/Danns/Dyer as the wide midfielder

Last edited:
This guy will do for me, good age, much needed width, low cost - we haven't got much to lose by offering a short-term contract atleast.

What happened with this one?

Last time I heard he was on the verge of signing then it all seemed to trail off.

Give him ago till the end of the season.I remember him tearing us apart at bramell lane a few years back.he might have been up against peter gilbert though so not much of a challenge.

Drinkwater signing probably put this possible signing on backburner. However as he's afree agent now he has possibly gone on trial somewhere else.

I can't wait to see Drinkwater: he's Tom Cleverley, Mark Davies, Yuki Abe (all comparisons from a different thread) and now, Cotterill rolled into one. It will be grossly unfair, if we play more than the one midfielder! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
ifGallys out long term we could do with him to bolster the squad, and assuming hes not cuptied that would be a bonus

on the one hand it is odd we haven't snapped him up, but also good to see that Pearson isn't collecting players for the sake of it, eg ball and johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669