Confirmed Transfer de Laet loaned to Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a delicious prospect that Richie could end the season with a Premier League Champions Medal and a League Champions Medal.

I've always liked his style and am puzzled that it never occurs to his detractors that he played the way he did because first Pearson and then Ranieri asked him to get forward as often as possible, and when Mahrez was ripping up the place in the early games of the season, the other side of the coin was that attacking down the wide open left side was favoured by Bournemouth (A) [IIRC] onwards, culminating in the Arsenal game after which Ranieri became more defensive-minded.

Have to respect the manager's decision over Richie and Benny going out on loan, but in the two Spurs cup games when those that have gone were alongside those [backups] who stay, there seemed a mismatch in performance, and not in a good way.

Pretty much what Feriol said, outgrown him is about right. He's defensively poor, Championship standard player and his attacking play has become not just obsolete but dangerous in the Premier League.

Pretty much what Feriol said, outgrown him is about right. He's defensively poor, Championship standard player and his attacking play has become not just obsolete but dangerous in the Premier League.

Yet Chilwell, who is also known for his attacking play, is wanted by Arsenal and we don't want to sell him.

And? Arsenal aren't coming in for De Laet.... Chilwell is much younger and it's not really known what he can do at this level yet. From the little we've seen of him against Spurs in the cup he looked more reliable defending whilst still getting up in support of the attack. I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

Sky have turned transfer deadline day into a circus, much like they are doing with football in general.

And? Arsenal aren't coming in for De Laet.... Chilwell is much younger and it's not really known what he can do at this level yet. From the little we've seen of him against Spurs in the cup he looked more reliable defending whilst still getting up in support of the attack. I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

The kind of attacking play that we've seen from de Laet is not obsolete in the Premier League.

Overlapping runs and carrying the ball forward? Why do you consider that to be rubbish?

I was being a wee bit over harsh. He's OK going forward, though he lacks an end product most of the time.

It's just defensively I found him infuriating to watch.

I'm convinced that had we signed Amarty and Gray yesterday instead of earlier, half the people moaning (especially on Twitter) would be saying "some good deals there, shame we didn't get a striker but we've strengthened well."

Spot on. I'm delighted we've kept our best players and to bring in a couple of additions has been excellent business.

Unless we purchased Amartey to be a right - back he shouldn't be there. He would be wasted as a right - back and I don't see Moor coming back this season to play a game at right back.

We signed him as a player to fill multiple positions.

You do realise that our right back is exactly that, a right BACK.

With Mahrez in front there is no place for a primarily attacking right back.

You do realise that our right back is exactly that, a right BACK.

With Mahrez in front there is no place for a primarily attacking right back.

Well, except when he shifts to play on the left, and the left BACK sometimes ends up in the right wing position, obviously. Or is it just right BACKs you are talking about?

Unless we purchased Amartey to be a right - back he shouldn't be there. He would be wasted as a right - back and I don't see Moor coming back this season to play a game at right back.

The question was about backup options. Simpson has nailed down the RB spot for now

Our back four is immense. One of the best defensive records in the league. Morgan 30+ games without a booking. OK Huth keeps getting away with elbowing his opponents in the face. Spurs have 16 corners and not a single shot on goal from them.

I think the secret is we attack as a whole team and defend as a whole team, so the back four are rarely exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669