Deathlist 2013-14 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks, here's a quick update ahead of this weekend's deadline (which, in case you didn't realise, is 3pm on Saturday).

At the moment, Blue Maniac and Macky are in a death grip on 3 corpses each. However if all things stay the same, Macky will be crowned Dr Death 2013-14 by virtue of having the youngest (Tom Finney at the tender age of 91).

That could all change if there are more bodies assigned to Fox58, Me, Jeff, Mawsley, Matt_B, Rhydal, or Pompey who are all in the grave position of having two passings to their names.

I have no broadband at home so you'll probably have to wait until Monday for the final undertakings.

Excellent stuff SJN. It's nice to have everybody following in my wake, makes me feel alive

My problem, moving forward, is that I don't have access to the Internet at home and probably won't have for some time. Now, whilst my employers are accepting of a little personal use of the Internet here at work, they will take exception to me sitting here for ages setting up next year's competition, therefore, at the moment, I haven't decided whether I will be running it again next year. We'll just have to see what happens and whether I can get time at home to set it up and then upload everything after work one afternoon.

Ok folks, here's a quick update ahead of this weekend's deadline (which, in case you didn't realise, is 3pm on Saturday).

At the moment, Blue Maniac and Macky are in a death grip on 3 corpses each. However if all things stay the same, Macky will be crowned Dr Death 2013-14 by virtue of having the youngest (Tom Finney at the tender age of 91).

That could all change if there are more bodies assigned to Fox58, Me, Jeff, Mawsley, Matt_B, Rhydal, or Pompey who are all in the grave position of having two passings to their names.

I have no broadband at home so you'll probably have to wait until Monday for the final undertakings.

Aaron Ramsey scoring not helping anyone out then:icon_bigg

Well folks, once more the cold hush of death settles on another year's contest. One won (yet again) by Macky with 3 corpses to his credit.

Special note must also go to Blue Maniac, who despite shuffling off three people to their eternal rest, was pipped at the post by the youthful death Of Tom Finney at the sprightly age of 91.

Congratulations to Macky, commiserations to BM and well done everyone for taking part.

There will now be a brief interlude whilst I decide whether to run the competition again next year.

I had three, not two. Tony Benn, Harold Camping and Pete Seeger.

I had three, not two. Tony Benn, Harold Camping and Pete Seeger.

Indeed you did, my sincere apologies, (that's what happens when you try to consolidate it all with a bloody phone), which, by virtue of the fact that Tony Benn was only a mere slip of a lad at 88 when he died makes you this year's deathly champion.

Sorry Macky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673