Deathlist 2014-15 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't there be a rule stating the 'owner' of the dead person has to claim them within a time frame to get their point?

No, it makes it more difficult for me when I do one of my periodic updates, I simply go through the lists and see who's dead/alive. I haven't got the time or inclination to see if they were claimed or not.

Why would you want to do that? It's precisely the spirit of the game.

No, I don't think so. Who cares if my great aunt Ethel croaks it? Nobody except me. The point of the deathlist is picking people that are relatively well known. Some of the lists are full of nobodies. You didn't pick Gerald Wilson because he was a well known person who may or may not die, you picked him because he was 96. You got away with selecting him because he was, at best, known within 1940s jazz circles. I also disapprove of people scouring reports for celebs with cancer to select. Where's the fun in that?

No, it makes it more difficult for me when I do one of my periodic updates, I simply go through the lists and see who's dead/alive. I haven't got the time or inclination to see if they were claimed or not.

Surely, that's harder than simply going through the thread picking out the successful death predictors? The claimee should link to proof like Macky did. Job done.

Anyway, why am I even arguing about this?

Who cares if my great aunt Ethel croaks it? Nobody except me.
Right, and in exactly the same sense, who the **** cares if Brian Blessed croaks it? Nobody, except for his family and friends.

The point of the deathlist is picking people that are relatively well known.
How would you define "relatively well known"? It's incredibly subjective, which is why Wikipedia is used as the arbiter of who is allowed to be included.

Some of the lists are full of nobodies.
All of the lists are full of people that have a Wikipedia page.

You didn't pick Gerald Wilson because he was a well known person who may or may not die, you picked him because he was 96.
**** me, you're smart. Not much gets past you, huh? D'ya reckon anybody else has copped that as well? Try not to mention it if you can, I don't think they've sussed me yet.

You got away with selecting him because he was, at best, known within 1940s jazz circles.
No, I "got away with selecting him" because he has a Wikipedia page.

I also disapprove of people scouring reports for celebs with cancer to select. Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, how very dare people attempt any type of strategy at all to try to win? We're only supposed to be ghoulishly selecting people who might die, nothing more.

Anyway, why am I even arguing about this?
To be honest, I could imagine you arguing with your own shadow

Isn't this supposed to be a game? A bit of fun?? Taking it way too seriously Brown Nose.

Exactly. This is a bit of fun where we enthusiastically celebrate the deaths of people we don't know because it helps us win a guessing game with no prize. Thanks for making it seem dirty, BN.

I like dead tits.
Here's one for you. I don't think it can compete with Macky's dead horse though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• meis.jpg
    meis.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 629
Cheaty MacCheat probably

He's turned a fun-filled game for all the family into a complete abomination

The original "It's My Party...." girl Lesley Gore has died.

It always amused when she sang "Nobody knows where my Johnny has gone".

...in a childish kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670