Deletion Of Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
If a post is deleted would it not be fair to say why the post was deleted?

On this site there is a private messaging facility. Is it too much trouble to send a message outlining the reason for deletion?

Or is that just too much to ask.......

On this site there is a private messaging facility. Is it too much trouble to send a message outlining the reason for deletion?

were you picking on someone for not being able to spell? mine was deleted i assume for the same thing

were you picking on someone for not being able to spell? mine was deleted i assume for the same thing

That was for text talk. I like a lot of others on here cannot be doing with it. They should add something to the rules to say so.
Also I doubt if we will ever see that twat again anyway, a one post wonder.

Fitz did you get an explaination then?

Last edited:
Me too.
The dyslexic txtr was the only one whose post wasn't deleted.
And he was the only one that got a PM.

A number of posts from several members were deleted. I judged that they were unnecessarily aggressive to a new poster who had used text-speak. I would have thought the reason for the deletions would have been obvious from the tone of my posting. Perhaps I should have issued infractions instead of simply deleting the messages.

I presume that people actually want this forum to develop. People who believe that that was the right way to try to encourage a new poster not to use text-speak are sadly mistaken; it will just drive them away.

That was for text talk. I like a lot of others on here cannot be doing with it. They should add something to the rules to say so.
Also I doubt if we will ever see that twat again anyway, a one post wonder.

Fitz did you get an explaination then?

was it text talk though? i thought it was either someone talking the piss, foreign or feckin stupid. nah i haven't had an explanation, i think that the shit speller's post should have been deleted too

A number of posts from several members were deleted. I judged that they were unnecessarily aggressive to a new poster who had used text-speak. I would have thought the reason for the deletions would have been obvious from the tone of my posting. Perhaps I should have issued infractions instead of simply deleting the messages.

I presume that people actually want this forum to develop. People who believe that that was the right way to try to encourage a new poster not to use text-speak are sadly mistaken; it will just drive them away.

I certainly dont think anyones post was 'Agressive' - A little sarcasm, but most definately no agression in the posts.

was it text talk though? i thought it was either someone talking the piss, foreign or feckin stupid. nah i haven't had an explanation, i think that the shit speller's post should have been deleted too

If he doesn't respond to my request for him to repost the message in plain English, it will be. The poster is aware of this.

Last edited:
I certainly dont think anyones post was 'Agressive' - A little sarcasm, but most definitely no aggression in the posts.

It may be that none of the messages could individually be said to be aggressive but when viewed together I judged that they were unnecessarily aggressive towards a new poster. That was my judgement and I stand by it.

Moderators are here to make judgements; we're not paid £40k a year to sit on our arses. Please read again what I wrote above about the development of the forum.

You deleted one of Jeffs posts as well!!

Your head's for the chop.

It may be that none of the messages could individually be said to be aggressive but when viewed together I judged that they were unnecessarily aggressive towards a new poster. That was my judgement and I stand by it.

Moderators are here to make judgements; we're not paid £40k a year to sit on our arses. Please read again what I wrote above about the development of the forum.

I dont know how you can say that individually none of the messages could be deemed agressive, but collectively were unnessecarily agressive :icon_conf

A poster having read the infraction given, has still not re posted a readable post. IMO giving the infraction was agressive and has probably drove the poster away. A polite PM, would have been appropriate IMO. Thats just my judgment, and I stand by it.

You deleted one of Jeffs posts as well!!

Your head's for the chop.

In this instance none of the posts that were deleted were Jeff's. I believe that in the past, I have deleted one or more of Jeff's posts.

If my head is for the chop, Jeff hasn't told me about it yet.

In this instance none of the posts that were deleted were Jeff's. I believe that in the past, I have deleted one or more of Jeff's posts.

If my head is for the chop, Jeff hasn't told me about it yet.

I'm sure Jeff posted something about Babelfish?

May be my imagination.

Why did mine saying "morning mr positive" get deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669