Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
''Head in sand''

We're going to turn this around, Pearson has the answer, we were good before, we will come good again.

''Fixtures''
Millwall home 1 point.
Barnsley away 1 point. Or 3 from the two above.
Brighton away 0 points.
Birmingham home 3 points.
Bolton home 1 point.
Palace away 1 point max.
Watford home 3 points.
Forest away 0 points.

70 points and about 8th place. I also think the points ihaveawarded are optimistic! Can anyone see us doing better than 11 points from 8 games?

Last edited:
The players aren't playing for the management team for whatever reason, but they are still decent players and can still piss over any other side in this league.

If that were true then they are not only not "playing for the management team" but far worse they are treating the loyal supporters with utter contempt too.

Think about it. If they can do it but don't it makes them beneath contempt IMO.

Not that I believe what you suggest of course............

I think the players are capable, I just don't think they care. Hopefully this attitude is toward Pearson and not the club otherwise they are treating the loyal supporters with contempt too.

Fixed.

Although as per my previous post, I don't believe that.

I'm sorry this has to be my first post, but having sat through that drivel last night I feel compelled to write. I have supported this club since the 60's growing up in Oadby and moved to the South coast in my early teens, taking my love of LCFC with me. It's odd, but when you no longer have the means to go every other week, and working in a job that involves working weekends, it somehow means more to me now than when I could go and watch whenever I fancied it. The only chance I have to go nowadays is when my local clubs are in the same league and I've had some great away days at the likes of Southampton, Reading, Pompey, Brissle etc.
Anyway, it seems to me this current malaise has been there since the Middlesbrough and Wolves games, which we won, but really rode our luck. Then the luck ran out, as it was always going to, and we started to get the results our performances deserved. I really can't put my finger on the why, but having seen this sort of run so many times over the years, just feel this won't turn around this season.
Strikers aren't striking, defenders aren't defending and the midfield is so light-weight it's a joke (where is Matty James by the way?). So, having offered no insight whatever, I feel a little better for venting. Loking forward to next season now, Parson out etc etc.

Strikers aren't striking, defenders aren't defending and the midfield is so light-weight it's a joke

Succinct and to the point although you could have added 'Manager not managing'.

If that were true then they are not only not "playing for the management team" but far worse they are treating the loyal supporters with utter contempt too.

Think about it. If they can do it but don't it makes them beneath contempt IMO.

Not that I believe what you suggest of course............

Well, you're being incredibly naive here. If the mood, mentality, faith in the management, confidence, etc are all shot, players will look like shit whether they are or they're not. Players have always been affected in this way. As an aside, it is amusing how the NP apologists are now getting on the back of the players in a final desperate attempt not to be proved wrong about NP. Of course, our players must be 'choosing' to be shambolic.

I think we've got enough quality players to win every game we have left. I believe in many of the players we've got. They're pretty good. I also think that sitting around and hoping for some sort of miracle by means of the tediously predictable and meaningless 'hard work' (as per NP) is likely to see no improvement from what we've seen over recent games.

The players and supporters need a shot of freshness, optimism, a change of personnel on the training ground, a bit of excitement.

... Anyway, it seems to me this current malaise has been there since the Middlesbrough and Wolves games, which we won, but really rode our luck....

IIRC this was explained during the New year euphoria that we were playing "very good sides".:icon_razz

Well, you're being incredibly naive here.

Not really. I just refuse to accept that our players are as good as you say they are. Good players can rise above poor management. Some of the errors on display on the pitch recently have sod all to do with Pearson and anyone who thinks otherwise is perhaps showing signs of naivety themselves.

I think we've got enough quality players to win every game we have left. I believe in many of the players we've got. They're pretty good.

Then how about they start to prove it and give us performances to be proud of and not ashamed of?

Look, I'm not a Pearson apologist and my feelings about him have changed significantly in recent weeks. However, I am also realistic enough to know that the blame doesn't rest entirely on his shoulders for where we are now.

Last edited:
We're in real trouble, aren't we? A few weeks back I thought the play offs were a nailed on certainty. I'd now have us as favourites to miss out. I expect a move on Pearson tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669