Derren Browns 'system'

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep

do you think there was more to the 'learning' that wasn't shown, or that was all there was to it?

I think that it wouldn't work with everybody and there may have been other people that he tried it with and it didn't work that we didn't get to see it

thats what i thought like with 'the system'.

might give it a go though.

I have often thought that they use a few trial people in his shows and we don't get to see the failures but then I think that someone would have piped up now to the Press about it if they were one of the ones his methods didn't work on.

I have often thought that they use a few trial people in his shows and we don't get to see the failures but then I think that someone would have piped up now to the Press about it if they were one of the ones his methods didn't work on.
That's similar to what happened on The Heist.

He started off with lots of people, and eventually got down to just the few that were "gullible" for want of a better word by setting them up lots of tasks to see who would perform.

Last edited:
That's what happened on The Heist.

He started off with lots of people, and eventually got down to just the few that were "gullible" for want of a better word by setting them up lots of tasks to see who would perform.

I've no problem with that tbh,I still find it entertaining and Brown to be a good 'Showman'.....go on fill your boots

I've no problem with that tbh,I still find it entertaining and Brown to be a good 'Showman'.....go on fill your boots
Me neither, it's part of the art.

I think the guy is a genius. I'm not bothered or impressed by his hypnotism stuff, but the brainwashing stuff is phenomenal.

Me neither, it's part of the art.

I think the guy is a genius. I'm not bothered or impressed by his hypnotism stuff, but the brainwashing stuff is phenomenal.

I don't like Magician etc,its just trickery and deceiving people and given the training anyone of us could do those tricks but Brown does something different IMO

Meant to be a very good one tonight apparently.Best night on the tele Fridays IMO

cracking yet again i have to say very clever stuff done so simply.

Derren Brown is on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm if anyone is interested.Think its a one off and not a series

Entertaining enough although I missed bits of it because someone kept talking to me during it asking how he was 'doing it' everytime.... If she had piped down for 5 minutes she might have got some idea

Entertaining enough although I missed bits of it because someone kept talking to me during it asking how he was 'doing it' everytime.... If she had piped down for 5 minutes she might have got some idea

It was impressive but I still find it very difficult to accept it at face value.

It was impressive but I still find it very difficult to accept it at face value.

Aye,I think the guy is a genius but some of it I just find very hard to take,the bit at the end with the blindfold inparticular

Well lets be honest, it's not possible for him to do what he claimed he did there. It's impossible.

Many things he does he explains how he does them after and you can see how he's done them,be it him being very clever doing them, but that one I can't see how he can know what he does about the people just by their voice.In a way he is doing himself no favours doing them kind of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669