despite the victory last night......

Status
Not open for further replies.
me to keane hit the nail on the head, people who grief players and grief the team are the first people to boast about there undying love the for club, and the first to turn around when and if MDV scores a hatrick in the last game of the season too send us up how they have had faith in him all along, they dont understand the game and the fans i speak to still expect the standards of the o'neill era and havnt moved on. I remeber when o'neill took over not to far into his reign after a shakey start many fans down there were calling for his head, and look what happened under him. I beleive that CL is the best manger we have had since o'neill

Lcfcrock said:
me to keane hit the nail on the head, people who grief players and grief the team are the first people to boast about there undying love the for club, and the first to turn around when and if MDV scores a hatrick in the last game of the season too send us up how they have had faith in him all along, they dont understand the game and the fans i speak to still expect the standards of the o'neill era and havnt moved on. I remeber when o'neill took over not to far into his reign after a shakey start many fans down there were calling for his head, and look what happened under him. I beleive that CL is the best manger we have had since o'neill

Spot on - I think he will prove to be one of the best managers we have had.

Football fans are notoriously fickle, it's something you've got to get used to. Mark de Vries, using the example in the initial topic, in his last season at Hearts was recieving it badly. Having said that, he did only score three goals in six months, but the lad gave us two years to remember - four goals at Hibs, the winning goal at Bordeaux, 30 goals in two seasons and finally a brilliant performance against Braga, single-handedly getting us through to the Uefa Cup group stages.

He's also became something of a 'hate' figure (perhaps not as strong as that though) since he's moved down to the Walkers Stadium.

A bit off the topic, but the main thing is, fans have always got to get behind their players. Fans do believe they're better than the manager so therefore will argue/boo against decisions they think are wrong. Get behind whoever's on the teamsheet, whoever comes on - no amount of booing is going to bring him off and you'll likely get a better performance out of him anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669