DeVries gone to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely having Fryatt and Hume and Campbell up front is better any way?

Fecking unbelievable, 3 months ago he was a useless tosser who shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, now after a couple of weeks as slimmer of the week he is a fecking world beater FFS. Glad he is gone another player who represented how far we have fallen in the last 3 years, lets hope a replacement of decent calibre and predigree is being lined up.

And Cort is the better option to keep? No-one said he was a world beater, only that he gave us a good strong attacking option. Several goals at the start of the season were direct ssists from MDV, holding up the ball and putting Hume or others through with great passes. What has Cort done so far to impress?

If any of the above two comments are aimed at me then you need to read my posts again. Never have i directly or indirectly said that MDV is anything like a 'World beater' Afterall what kind of a world beating striker would play at a club who insists on playing a right back in central midfield?

What i did say, and after making a point of watching him inparticular in recent games, i feel confident in saying that the guy brings others into the game therefore creating goal scoring opportunities (leicester 4-watford1) now i dont expect that anyone else will have taken the time to watch him very closely, and the reason i did so was because i. like you lot, thought MDV was an insult to his striking proffesion, however i have noted impressive areas in his game and areas that sadly i do not think our other strikers possess.

Having said this im sure that we will still see the goals that have been produced when MDV has played.

Crystal palace 2-2
watford 4-1
forest 3-2

I simply think the guy has the ability to open the game up for us, however i suppose that means playing the ball on the floor and actually being effective with our possesion, which i can assure you all we are not going to see in the coming months.

Megson is getting ready for his dire long ball shite, i suppose the money off MDV's wages will allow us to get some very comfy and supporting neck braces for clemence, although i imagine if we do play Megsons lovely football (i use the term loosely) Clem will want to **** off in january and sign for a team who uses his obvious talent.

Last edited:
If any of the above two comments are aimed at me then you need to read my posts again. Never have i directly or indirectly said that MDV is anything like a 'World beater' Afterall what kind of a world beating striker would play at a club who insists on playing a right back in central midfield?

What i did say, and after making a point of watching him inparticular in recent games, i feel confident in saying that the guy brings others into the game therefore creating goal scoring opportunities (leicester 4-watford1) now i dont expect that anyone else will have taken the time to watch him very closely, and the reason i did so was because i. like you lot, thought MDV was an insult to his striking proffesion, however i have noted impressive areas in his game and areas that sadly i do not think our other strikers possess.

Having said this im sure that we will still see the goals that have been produced when MDV has played.

Crystal palace 2-2
watford 4-1
forest 3-2

I simply think the guy has the ability to open the game up for us, however i suppose that means playing the ball on the floor and actually being effective with our possesion, which i can assure you all we are not going to see in the coming months.

Megson is getting ready for his dire long ball shite, i suppose the money off MDV's wages will allow us to get some very comfy and supporting neck braces for clemence, although i imagine if we do play Megsons lovely football (i use the term loosely) Clem will want to **** off in january and sign for a team who uses his obvious talent.

He was off the pitch against Palace by the time we scored.....Doesn't count, he was awful.

And Cort is the better option to keep? No-one said he was a world beater, only that he gave us a good strong attacking option. Several goals at the start of the season were direct ssists from MDV, holding up the ball and putting Hume or others through with great passes. What has Cort done so far to impress?

How many games has Cort had, Give the bloke a chance! MDV has been here far to long and had many chances. :102:

Oh and if you read some of the comments made, some people are making him out to be far better than he is.

Where have I said that Cort is better or that he has done anything to impress :102: But the truth is any if not all of Hammond, MDV Campbell and Cort can be shown the door IMO.

The summer signings of strikers have been nothing short of farcical, missing out on the likes of JFH and Fowler. It is clear as day that the current crop of strikers excluding Hume and Fryatt are clearly not good enough, if bombing MDV out of the club allows Megson to bring in a quality replacemnent then it can only be good news.

if bombing MDV out of the club allows Megson to bring in a quality replacemnent then it can only be good news.

That most certainly wont be happening, what club is going to let us have a quality striker?

MDV is rubbish, surely this is nigh on fact?

Good riddance i say, hope I never see the gangly clumsy twat in a City shirt again.

I've seen too many excuses for MDV "he hasn't got the players around him", "he only plays well against better opposition, he should be a Premier League striker", "he hasn't had a Manager who gives him a chance".

Bollox, he's shite.

Where have I said that Cort is better or that he has done anything to impress :102: But the truth is any if not all of Hammond, MDV Campbell and Cort can be shown the door IMO.

The summer signings of strikers have been nothing short of farcical, missing out on the likes of JFH and Fowler. It is clear as day that the current crop of strikers excluding Hume and Fryatt are clearly not good enough, if bombing MDV out of the club allows Megson to bring in a quality replacemnent then it can only be good news.
theres only one martin allen :icon_roll

Fecking unbelievable, 3 months ago he was a useless tosser who shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, now after a couple of weeks as slimmer of the week he is a fecking world beater FFS. Glad he is gone another player who represented how far we have fallen in the last 3 years, lets hope a replacement of decent calibre and predigree is being lined up.

I Wouldn't say he was a good enough striker to get a team promoted, but he is better than several other strikers here. Particularly Cort who was favored over him against stoke.

I'm Worried that we will end up playing Cort and DJ simply because of reputation and transfer fee, and not because of their contribution to the team. IMO if it was down to contribution then MDV would be ahead of those two.

Why do the OS always title it as PLAYER on the move? It gets a bit boring, not to mention repetitive.

Anyway, I can see this turning out to be a good move for MDV providing he gets played and comes back sharper, perhaps even able to head the ball? :D

on money paid v ability DJ is by far the worst striker at the club.

Hopefully.

Surely Cort deserves a chance to prove himself. Or is it that, you've got 5 games and if you dont score at least 3 a game your shite??

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt Drogba shite in his first season at Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669