Digital Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Anyone got one. I brought an I-Tech one from Currys the other day. I brought it because the fuzz on five live annoys me when im trying to get to sleep at night. So I brought it, set it up etc, etc... anyway when I was going to sleep the sound quality was ok etc.. But then if I rolled over in bed the radio lost signal and went silent for 30 seconds before the signal came back!

Anyway I can conclude that Digital Radio are crap. This is my second one and its bloody rubbish! If they turn off analoge in 2008 they must be mental because digital radios are absolutly pants!

the offending radio
236052_01_huge.jpg

when I was going to sleep the sound quality was ok etc.. But then if I rolled over in bed the radio lost signal and went silent for 30 seconds before the signal came back!

where did you have it? it wasn't in the top pocket of your pyjamas was it by any chance?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Anyone got one. I brought an I-Tech one from Currys the other day. I brought it because the fuzz on five live annoys me when im trying to get to sleep at night. So I brought it, set it up etc, etc... anyway when I was going to sleep the sound quality was ok etc.. But then if I rolled over in bed the radio lost signal and went silent for 30 seconds before the signal came back!

Anyway I can conclude that Digital Radio are crap. This is my second one and its bloody rubbish! If they turn off analoge in 2008 they must be mental because digital radios are absolutly pants!

Maybe because you are a fat bastard, you have rolled over in bed and blocked the signal......:icon_bigg

I don't think there are any plans to stop analogue radio broadcasts, it certainly won't happen in 2008. Maybe companies like Currys are trying to give that impression so they can sell more stuff.

Digital radios are good if you can get a strong signal, which isn't possible in a lot of places at the moment, and even then you'll probably need to use a decent aerial.

Last edited:
I don't think there are any plans to stop analogue radio broadcasts, it certainly won't happen in 2008. Maybe companies like Currys are trying to give that impression so they can sell more stuff.

Digital radios are good if you can get a strong signal, which isn't possible in a lot of places at the moment, and even then you'll probably need to use a decent aerial.

I read it was 2008 in one of the newspapers yesterday. It was something crappy like the express though so im not going to put money on it. Infact I thought it sounded strange at the time.

Whats annoying is I do get a good signal (by the sounds of it) and the quality is good. Its just annoying when you have to be perfectly still in order to listen to it. I only live 5/6 miles outside Birmingham and 5/6 miles outside of Redditch so I see no real reason why I wouldn't get a decent reception.

Whats annoying is I do get a good signal (by the sounds of it) and the quality is good. Its just annoying when you have to be perfectly still in order to listen to it. I only live 5/6 miles outside Birmingham and 5/6 miles outside of Redditch so I see no real reason why I wouldn't get a decent reception.

You may be getting your signal for many of the stations from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, so it could be a borderline coverage area unless you have a decent aerial.

You can check the stations you may be able to receive here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/

I checked for my postcode and the BBC national stations are all listed as "may receive", and I'm probably closer to the transmitter than you.

I have just bought a Brand New noisybox,the Soprites sound fine and clear inside.

You may be getting your signal for many of the stations from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, so it could be a borderline coverage area unless you have a decent aerial.

You can check the stations you may be able to receive here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio/

I checked for my postcode and the BBC national stations are all listed as "may receive", and I'm probably closer to the transmitter than you.

I get an exceptional digital radio signal. It's superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669