Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a number of posts on here about sofas but it hardly makes us the de facto source for all interior furnishing news.

BUT that's why I've been hanging around! Now, do you think that pink curtains will clash with my green sofa, blue armchair and rainbow carpet?????

Well, I've have a go then!

There have been a number of posts about the relationship between NP and JR on various boards suggesting that they don't get on at all. This would be in contrast to NP and TR who apparently had a good working relationship. This was backed up by NP expressing disappointment when TR was sacked.

It will be interesting to see if anyone asks NP about JR. However, NP tends not to answer legitimate questions. Nor does our Chief Exec, DofF or owners to be honest. It's a wonder they even bother letting us know when the fixtures are.

I'm backing Nigel if there is any friction with JR.

Nigel's perfected this very effective communication technique. One word delivered with great deliberation every two minutes or so. I think he probably hypotised the board last weekend along the lines of 'Look into my eyes, the club does not want to sack me, Look into my eyes .....'

This may have been transmitted by osmosis to a good number of members of this forum.

indeed, southampton sacked their nigel after promotion.

They didn't sack him, his contract expired and they didn't offer him a new one. The same thing happened to him when he was manager of Carlisle and they avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

EDIT: Thought you were talking about Pearson saving them from relegation. I'm a twat.

Last edited:
They didn't sack him, his contract expired and they didn't offer him a new one. The same thing happened to him when he was manager of Carlisle and they avoided relegation on the last day of the season.
Chrysalis meant another Nigel, didn't he? Your point is relevant to my very late post though

When did the DOF job become more than just somewhere to stick a shit but too expensive to sack manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669