Disabled Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you would like the club to impose some kind of assessment on disabled supporters to see if the level of care they receive warrants the additional free ticket that is granted that allows them to support their club regardless of any disability they may live with ?

Because clearly this must be a huge area for fraud and deception to be taking place, and that level of scrutiny is obviously warranted

That's not what I am saying at all - and I am sure you know that. But I am certainly saying that I can see no reason why two people, one of whom happens to be disabled, should get in cheaper than one person on his/her own.

You know that a carer's ticket is free Boc, there's no need for the sarcasm.

I didn't know - but I wondered if it might be. I wasn't being sarcastic.

There may also come a time when my brother is able to go by himself (I'm not sure whether you're implying that this is the case now so i will spare you the accusation).

As I said, I did not know the carer's ticket was free, so I could not have been implying anything. I wouldn't in any case do so in your case because I know little of you and nothing of your brother or his circumstances.

Your telling me that the 'carer goes free' does however go some way to explaining those few disabled spectators who do seem less keen to be in attendance.

As has been mentioned, being able to walk yourself to and from a game is different to being able to look after yourself in an emergency situation.

I know that; I spent 40 years working with disabled people. It seems to me that in such an emergency situation it would be best if the club were to know exactly where the people who will need the most assistance are situated and logistically it seems to me that it would be better if they were gathered together. Would that not be the case?

No you wouldn't. What on Earth, apart from your ego, makes you think that?
You're just as insignificant as I am.
TBH he would. As would anyone else. The comment was totally inappropriate but because your a mod no-one will do anything about it.

No doubt you'll call me deluded or some other kind of insult for questioning your judgement.

TBH he would.

No he wouldn't

As would anyone else.

No they wouldn't

The comment was totally inappropriate

Why was it? Are disabled people off-limits where jokes are concerned?

because your a mod no-one will do anything about it.

Correct. I'm all powerful, unquestionable, you will obey my authority

No doubt you'll call me deluded

It's a fair comment

or some other kind of insult for questioning your judgement.

No, I'll just stick with deluded

Im sorry but i thought it was one of the funniest posts i have read on this website :102:

No he wouldn't

nah lets face it he would

No they wouldn't

Nah they probably would

Why was it? Are disabled people off-limits where jokes are concerned?

I think when its basically being insensitve to family and friends of people on the forum its a bit different to taking the piss out of people you don't know

Correct. I'm all powerful, unquestionable, you will obey my authority

Nah not really you're just a twat on an internet forum who likes to respond in this style to try and look really authoritative

It's a fair comment

as is my previous one looooooooooool

No, I'll just stick with deluded

how creative of you

My nephew is disabled (cerebal palsy (sp)) and cannot do anything for himself or even speak - I wasnt offended...

Last edited:
I know you're not, but if everyone was so serious about everything all of the time the world would be a fuffing dull place

I believe the Health and Safety is an excuse because you will still get disabled people sitting in the popular seats. Some of them will simply pay full price. This is what the gentleman who sits next to me is going to do. If you are lucky with the people around you then the repartee and conversation is part of the enjoyment of the game.

I wonder what excuse they will come up with in the future to try and get Senior Citizens to the less popular seats,

I think when its basically being insensitve to family and friends of people on the forum its a bit different to taking the piss out of people you don't know

No difference. I bet most of us on this forum don't know more people on it than they know!

Cystic fibrosis
Cerebral Palsy
Spastication
Mongolism

When will it end? Sometimes I want to run up to the brave ****ers, hold them in my arms and let them sob.

Anyone seen Boxing Helena?

I wonder what excuse they will come up with in the future to try and get Senior Citizens to the less popular seats,

Perhaps they will create a Silver Fox section in 3 corners of the ground and put all the over 60's in them at the reduced rate Else you sit in the normal place for the standard price. You get a bonus for moving - complimentary bag of Werthers Originals each game plus free Saga membership

My brother is classed as disabled and has a season ticket and I think he paid half price for his ticket. His carer got their ticket at the same rate. I'm not a 100% sure about this though but I think carers do have to still pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669