DJ off to Blackpool on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been given a chance this term, to be honest

Fryatt and Howard were complete shite last year, but have flourished in League One - same might have been said of Campbell had he had the run of games that they had

He's off to Blackpool alright!Blackpool beach.......The Donkey

Not been given a chance this term, to be honest

Fryatt and Howard were complete shite last year, but have flourished in League One - same might have been said of Campbell had he had the run of games that they had

Either that or he would have broken the league record for the amount of times caught off-side in a single season which is probably nearer the mark.

He's off to Blackpool alright!Blackpool beach.......The Donkey

Either that or he would have broken the league record for the amount of times caught off-side in a single season which is probably nearer the mark.

Such fair and reasoned opinions are the main reason why i don't bother with the lcfc section of the forum most of the time.

Such fair and reasoned opinions are the main reason why i don't bother with the lcfc section of the forum most of the time.

But surely you would agree he has more than a slight problem with understanding the offside law?

Perhaps you have reason behind your comment to differ then?

fcukcov,
C'mon don't tell me he hasn't had you screaming with frustration.For a player with such speed he should never have been caught offside the amount of times he was......

Now where are those Carrots

But surely you would agree he has more than a slight problem with understanding the offside law?

The times I saw him last season yes he did seem to have slight problem with being off-side quote a lot. Doesn't automatically make him shit though, as many on here have labeled him.

Perhaps you have reason behind your comment to differ then?

See my first post, last season was our worst season ever and to judge a player that had previously done ok at that level by the performance in last seasons team seem harsh on him and as homer pointed out, has he really been given the chance this season.

fcukcov,
C'mon don't tell me he hasn't had you screaming with frustration.For a player with such speed he should never have been caught offside the amount of times he was......

Now where are those Carrots

Nope never screamed at him in frustration, just the fans around me that were getting on his back the second he was caught off-side, Id love to see some stats on how often he was actually caught off-side compared to other players and relative to his time on the pitch.

If screaming in Frustration is getting on his back ...then guilty as charged.

If screaming in Frustration is getting on his back ...then guilty as charged.

Well done - I'm sure your contribution helped the player's performance tremendously

You should be extremely proud of yourself :038:

I don't think he needed artics assistance much. Granted he's not had a decent run in the side, but that's probably because Nige doesn't think he's up to it.

I'm glad to see the back of DJ, and trust Nigel's assessment of him more than I trust Blackpool's.

Well done - I'm sure your contribution helped the player's performance tremendously

Whilst I agree with you in principal - there wasn't much evidence that supporting the players helped their performance tremendously last season.

My point exactly and we as lcfc fans seem to do this to players all too often.

Strange that everyone always mentions DJ "always" being offside and therefore slag the bloke off, but dont mention that Dickov was never onside against Palace.

Strange that everyone always mentions DJ "always" being offside and therefore slag the bloke off, but dont mention that Dickov was never onside against Palace.

As i have said willllllllllow I would love to see some actual stats to support peoples common belief that dj was “always” off side.

I believe he has a 100% starts to wins ratio this season, what a man.

Shame he's a poor mans Trevor Benjamin

I agree that we need to support our players but, Campbell isn't now, or never has been a £1,000,000 player.
It is not his fault that the club paid over the odds for his service, but surely it is not surprising that some fans are not enamoured by the waste of funds; exacerbated, no doubt, by an exorbitant wage.

I have never booed him, slagged him off to his face or given him any other reason to play shit.

I do however believe DJ to be a total steaming pile of shit, and if that opinion keeps certain people from posting in the LCFC forum then so be it.

He has had chances, and quite frankly he's looked about as interested as I would be at midnight mass. This said, it is quite bizzare how such a lazy work shy fecker can be quicker off the mark than most defenders thus being caught offside such a huge amount of the time, or maybe thats just down to him not knowing where he can stand on a football pitch?

Oh and by the way, I thought he was a great signing to begin with, so my mind most certainly can be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669