Do we need any new players in January ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne74

So now that Ben Chilwell has decided to be a proper footballer after months of being undecided he has nailed down his place.
Also Demarai Grey has really improved this season & Ian Nacho's sub appearance was fab, his finish Vs Everton was brilliant.
Praet & Choudhury would get into the vast majority of premier League sides, not sure about Benkovic but he done well for Celtic & Cag's needed time to adjust so maybe he will be another quality player to fill We's boots.
So for me I wouldn't add any new player's in January but wait until the summer before we recruit, what does everyone else think ?

We need a striker. We either say Nacho is our man if Vardy becomes injured, or we are happy to take a punt with our second string strikers if not we buy one in January. We also need to recruit a up and coming left back Fuchs will not last an entire half season should Chillwell get injured. And a central defender will shore things up nicely, it will be hard signing players who may have play second fiddle for a while.

It’s okay saying we need this, and we need that, but are these new recruits going to be in the starting 11?
If so who are they going to replace?
If not, will they want to be on the bench?
If they are happy to be on the bench, are they any better than what we already have?
Conundrum for BR

We could do with adding a couple. It will be tough to do though.

BR clearly likes the option of switching to a back three. Benkovic isn't deemed to be ready so I'd expect him to move out on loan in Jan. Morgan can do a job but he would need to be more mobile in a three and it just doesn't seem to work very well. So, if we can sign a quality central defender, I think we will. Initially as a sub (instead of Morgan) but it could be a starting option in some matches.

Secondly, we're missing a goal scoring winger. We get flashes from Barnes or Gray but neither are consistent enough (yet). If we could add some genuine quality there, we should try to. A quality addition in place of Barnes in the starting line up would strengthen us.

On the other side, Jakupovic, Amartey, Benkovic, Mendy, Kapustka, Thomas and James need to go out on loans or permanent deals. They're all stagnating pointlessly at the moment.

So now that Ben Chilwell has decided to be a proper footballer after months of being undecided he has nailed down his place.
Also Demarai Grey has really improved this season & Ian Nacho's sub appearance was fab, his finish Vs Everton was brilliant.
Praet & Choudhury would get into the vast majority of premier League sides, not sure about Benkovic but he done well for Celtic & Cag's needed time to adjust so maybe he will be another quality player to fill We's boots.
So for me I wouldn't add any new player's in January but wait until the summer before we recruit, what does everyone else think ?
Why can't people spell our team's names?

I tend to agree, the strict answer to, "Do we need any new players?", is, "No".

It would be useful to get a centre back to bed in for next season, when Wes retires and, if a good scoring winger is available, that would be good too.

If neither are available, at a sensible fee, then we are pretty good as we are.

We need a striker. We either say Nacho is our man if Vardy becomes injured, or we are happy to take a punt with our second string strikers if not we buy one in January. We also need to recruit a up and coming left back Fuchs will not last an entire half season should Chillwell get injured. And a central defender will shore things up nicely, it will be hard signing players who may have play second fiddle for a while.
The club already have who they think will be Chilwell's long term replacement in Luke Thomas, any other left back signed would be an experienced pro happy to play the role Fuchs is not we won't sign an up an coming left back IMO.

Perez is also a striker option so we have 3 already and one of them has played 1 PL game all season and its December, any striker good enough we could sign would be reluctant to come as they know they will never displace Vardy.

We need a goal scoring winger, someone like Zaha, though he himself would cost way too much money

I tend to agree, the strict answer to, "Do we need any new players?", is, "No".

It would be useful to get a centre back to bed in for next season, when Wes retires and, if a good scoring winger is available, that would be good too.

If neither are available, at a sensible fee, then we are pretty good as we are.
I believe Rodgers is a fan of Josh Knight so maybe he won't want a new CB with Knight becoming the 4th CB, also we don't yet know where Rodgers sees Amartey, does he see him as a RB as Puel did or a CB or even a DM?

Do you mind if I call upon the apostrophe regulator again, please

It hurts me

Knight has spent most of the last year playing in midfield for Peterborough.
yes I know but he and the club still see him as a CB, he's been playing at the base of a diamond, won't hurt his ball playing skills at CB doing that either

Maybe we should have sent him on loan to a club that will play him there then. We knew Peterborough would use him as a midfielder.
maybe we should have, he played CB for them last season so maybe we thought he would again in some games

By the end of last season he was just playing in midfield, so it's an odd decision to send him back. Maybe no one else wanted him.
true or we thought playing him there would help him long term playing CB especially with how much Evans and Soyuncu are on the ball, plus Mendy is out of contract and Knight would cover CB, RB and DM much like Amartey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363