do we want automatic promotion or get in the play offs

hburton610

leeds have won by 2-0 to milwall weve struggled a bit this seaosn i think we might get in the playoffs to get promotion weve not been in good form this season im a bit worried if we fail to get promoition

Financially, the club might benefit from getting promoted via the play-offs. And it might be a nice day out for the fans.
But if we end up in the play-offs after being in the top two for most of the season the players would be low on confidence and I'd expect us to lose to someone like Norwich who finished the season 25 points behind us.

I'd expect us to lose to someone like Norwich who finished the season 25 points behind us
...and we'd feel worse than the Portsmouth fans did when we got promotion all those years ago having finished 17(?) points behind them. And beat them in the playoff semi with a blatantly offside goal, to boot!

Are the finances that different between coming in the top two or playing the extra games from the playoffs? I think whichever of Leeds, Ipswich or us doesn't go up automatically will more likely collapse than go up anyway - Coventry are showing they've got the cup pedigree and they've beaten us once already this year!

And welcome new member!

If we end up in the playoffs we will shit our pants & fail. Just like we have at the slightest whiff of adversity for the last 3 years (or more)

Foxes Never Quit is a slogan from ancient history.

Nobody shits their pants more than me fretting about all sorts of things to do with my football club.

I am always afraid of things going wrong. I can see disaster from a thousand miles away.

It's all part of the fun for me. It's emotional investment. And I take you lot along with me for a ride.

Given what I feel about the PL and what I feel about the people running my club, I can't honestly say that I give much of a shit whether we win the league or choke the playoffs.

The Championship is dull as can be. But is the PL any better? Especially for a side unable to spend and with points penalties being prepared. What's the upside of that?

Nobody shits their pants more than me fretting about all sorts of things to do with my football club.

I am always afraid of things going wrong. I can see disaster from a thousand miles away.

It's all part of the fun for me. It's emotional investment. And I take you lot along with me for a ride.

Given what I feel about the PL and what I feel about the people running my club, I can't honestly say that I give much of a shit whether we win the league or choke the playoffs.

The Championship is dull as can be. But is the PL any better? Especially for a side unable to spend and with points penalties being prepared. What's the upside of that?
I bet your wedding night was a hoot.

If we finish in the playoff positions we won’t be going up. We will have completely bottled it and any confidence we had will be gone.

It would be financially disastrous too. We could potentially look forward to a decade at least in the football league.

My approach is quite similar to this. The entertainment in being a football fan is wider than just enjoying a win. That's the difference between me and my dad. He is genuinely annoyed if Leicester lose, and there is no other way to take it. I, on the other hand, recognise the silliness of football and I find doom-mongering fun in its own way, as well as winning.

The playoffs are a lottery at the best of times, you want to be going into them in good form, not having just missed out on the top 2, particularly after having led all year and particularly after having led by 12 points at one stage......

On the plus side, at least blowing a 12 point lead & thereby potentially ruining the chance to get an early start on planning & recruitment for the PL doesn't really matter anymore since we're probably not going to be able to buy any ****ing players now anyway.

Since we'll have to basically sell off everyone we can get a fee for & will almost definitely come straight back down, why don't we just have a laugh with it? Take the piss completely.

Danny Ward has a year left on his contract. If it was up to me I'd play the useless skiving **** up front. Just to see the look on his face.

Yep. Get out there & do some ****ing work for a change you bench loving waste of flesh. Be fun to watch him flopping about & getting kicked all over the park every week to earn his unseemly wedge. If the powers that be want to turn the game into a stupid immoral joke, lets be the ones who show it up.

Miserable ****s.

Win stuff or at least try.

****s sake, of all the clubs.
I know, in some eyes we have gone from mid table obscurity this season (as a prediction prior to the event), to nailed on certainties for promotion when we were well clear of second and third, to already relegated next season based somehow on us being easily promoted again.

****ing marvellous isn’t it and little wonder that the Maudesley Hospital is bursting at thee seams.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463