Dowie goes to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hull put Brown on 'Gardening Leave'

Did anyone else hear Dowie on SSN last night, describing a header in the game he was watching "And he towered up and a great header, very Dowie-esque", made me chuckle.

So that's Hull & Pompey down then.

Didn't Hull think to ask Dowie "So you are 1 nil down & the current tactics aren't working, what do you do ?" - just to see the puzzled look on his face

At least the goalies will get plenty of help
and they will certainly get plenty of practice if they do play open, attractive football

The 45-year-old former Northern Ireland international replaces Phil Brown, who was relieved of his duties on Monday.

He takes charge of a team currently second bottom of the Premier League and will be assisted by former England keeper Tim Flowers and Steve Wigley.

"I want us to play open, attractive football," said Dowie who has signed a short-term contract until the end of the season.

Hilarious. What are they thinking appointing Dowie?

1/2 a successful season with Palace and nothing else remotely decent since then. God only knows.

Im just glad Brown has gone. I hated him with a passion ever since that disgusting show of arrogance when he started singing on the pitch after staying up. Dispite the fact that this was only due to the other teams being equally as shit.

Fair enough, id be happy myself, but honestly! singing on the pitch? did he realise the manor that they survived ?

Adam pearson claiming Dowie the right man for the last 9 games, has he not remembered he was at Newcastle with Shearer when they went down. He also has an inferior win percentage to Brown at premiership level. Strange decision.

Im just glad Brown has gone. I hated him with a passion ever since that disgusting show of arrogance when he started singing on the pitch after staying up. Dispite the fact that this was only due to the other teams being equally as shit.

Fair enough, id be happy myself, but honestly! singing on the pitch? did he realise the manor that they survived ?

so you'd be upset with Pearson if we were in the same position then? :icon_wink

so you'd be upset with Pearson if we were in the same position then? :icon_wink

Lets not compare Dowie to Nigel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687