Dowie in if we're down on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want Dowie

It's a bit like Groucho marx said. If he's mad enough to come here he's not the answer.

May not have ruined Pompey but he's doing a feckin great job of ruining Leicester wouldn't you say ?

NO!!! I do not agree. I, like most, thought things would take a turn in the right direction, but we have hardly been worse, we have just continued our slide.

i don't want dowie- personally i'd rather give ollie and a few of the current players who stay a chance to put things right, no excuses.

i don't want dowie- personally i'd rather give ollie and a few of the current players who stay a chance to put things right, no excuses.

A recipe for playing in the Conference in two years time. :018: :018: :018:

Once you get rid of that clown you should go for Paul Ince he is going to be a great manager.. mind you depends if he wants to be a manager in div 1?

I don't want either Dowie or Holloway. It's time to open the mind.

My Shortlist of choices would consist of the following and in this order !!!

1) Paul Ince
2) Billy Davies
3) Simon Grayson
4) Darren Ferguson
5) Mark McGhee
6) Mike Newell
7) Nigel Clough

According to this morning's Telegraph, Holloway will have "crunch" talks with Milan on Monday so, another weekend of speculation!

And;
Paul Ince and Iain Dowie are in the frame for the managerial vacancy at QPR after Luigi De Canio left by "mutual consent". (The Daily Mirror)

So, it would be difficult to see either of them rushing to Leicester when a wealthy Championship club is calling.

Let's hope that they take Dowie.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dowie's name has been "leaked" by his Agent, in a bid to get Milan to speed up his potential appointment at the Walkers !!!

Lets be honest, I would be astounded if a Manager with Dowie's track record and ability would even register on QPR's radar, given their new found wealth and ambition !!!

Yeah I am he took Millwall and I think Brighton out of league one and into the Championship and has done an excellent job with Motherwell.

He wasn't doing that bad a job with us at the time either when he upped sticks and left. I seem to remember us playing some good football under him in Div 1 (As it was back then).

And;
Paul Ince and Iain Dowie are in the frame for the managerial vacancy at QPR after Luigi De Canio left by "mutual consent". (The Daily Mirror)

Laughable

QPR have the backing of the wealthiest men in the whole world, and will be looking to appoint a very big name indeed

Ince and Dowie won't even be mentioned

Why would MMc leave motherwell to come and manage us? I'm sure he won't forget the chants of 'he's fat, he lies, we hope he f--ing dies' either.

Last edited:
Why would he leave motherwell to come and manage us? I'm sure he won't forget the chants of 'he's fat, he lies, we hope he f--ing dies' either.

Because even in league one we will still attract bigger gates and with Mandaric at the helm probably still have a bigger budget to work with and the potential is still far greater at City than Motherwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669