Dublin & De Vries: Was this a positive Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazzer said:
with watford coming here on a 5 game winning streak ans sheff united on saturday it could be cold hard week

Just thinking the same, but it would be just like us to go out and beat both of them! OOOPS sorry my blue tinted specs just fell over my eyes then, yes it is going to be a bloody hard week :frown:

lazzer said:
with watford coming here on a 5 game winning streak ans sheff united on saturday it could be cold hard week

But If we get 4 points then suddenly some people will start saying we are Play off matierial where as in my eyes we aren't Play Off standard even if we get 6 points from these two.I understand people's dissapointment but we aklways get all this doom and gloom after every defeat.We lost on Saturday ,didn't play well but we have a game tomorrow lets not dwell,not that you are Lazzer ;)

Yorkshire Vixen said:
id take 4 points now thank you very much :038: :icon_lol:

I'm not stating we will get them YV,my point was people only seem to voice their criticism when we lose.It's the same after every defeat there wern't many complaining before Saturday,its like we lose one game and the knives are out again.This isn't aimed at anyone in particular by the way.

I think you'll find that that strikers have been a problem all this and last season. People have been moaning about that for 18 months. Their problem is to putting the ball in the net, we are creating chances but they are being wasted. We need to get a settled partnership so it can develop an understanding and work together but at the moment we seem to changing every match, in fact within every match. The defence is good now there is mobility there and we can play higher up the field. Midfield is not the ideal but at least CL seems to settled on it , even if we don't agree who he plays there. Let's just hope we put a performance in on Tues. like we did at Watford a few weeks back, then we can go into Saturday with some confidence and hopefully upset the wonderful Mr.Warnock.

Last edited:
highland fox said:
I'm not stating we will get them YV,my point was people only seem to voice their criticism when we lose.It's the same after every defeat there wern't many complaining before Saturday,its like we lose one game and the knives are out again.This isn't aimed at anyone in particular by the way.

Ahem.

highland fox said:
But If we get 4 points then suddenly some people will start saying we are Play off matierial where as in my eyes we aren't Play Off standard even if we get 6 points from these two.I understand people's dissapointment but we aklways get all this doom and gloom after every defeat.We lost on Saturday ,didn't play well but we have a game tomorrow lets not dwell,not that you are Lazzer ;)

I know where you are coming from Highland, but It will take a lot more for Levein to prove himself to me than one or two wins. I have secretly doubted him for a long long time now, and even in victory feel that he cannot mount any kind of maintained consistant run.

IMO he just isn't the man.

Bilborough Fox said:
I as one don't want him sacked. He's improved our team be it slowly. It's just that his tactics sometimes are over cautious. It's as though he looks at the opposition's strenght and picks a team to negate it rather than looking at our strenghts and playing into them. This would give the oppositon a problem with the fact that we wouldn't be so predictable in the way we play with the limited resources we have got.

I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere on TV/Mercury that he watches videos of the opposition religiously before a game (sensible) so that he can pick his team to suit their style! Hence the ever chanign lineup. Defence is getting stronger Because they are playing together for more than one game at a time! Apply same rule up front and midfield, and voila!

beighton155 said:
I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere on TV/Mercury that he watches videos of the opposition religiously before a game (sensible) so that he can pick his team to suit their style! Hence the ever chanign lineup. Defence is getting stronger Because they are playing together for more than one game at a time! Apply same rule up front and midfield, and voila!
Agreed, although apparently Hume was not OK to play on Saturday.

beighton155 said:
I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere on TV/Mercury that he watches videos of the opposition religiously before a game (sensible) so that he can pick his team to suit their style!

And my goodness hasn't that been successful.

I've been one of the 'give him time' brigade and although I don't suggest we should change the manager now I am definitely on the turn. It's the tactics more than anything and the fact that he made a big deal about spending two weeks in training on the forward line before turning out that dross on Saturday just winds me up.

SilverFox said:
I know where you are coming from Highland, but It will take a lot more for Levein to prove himself to me than one or two wins. I have secretly doubted him for a long long time now, and even in victory feel that he cannot mount any kind of maintained consistant run.

IMO he just isn't the man.

So you want him sacked SF ? Lets not beat about the bush...;)

Yep, thats about the size of it mate:icon_lol:

I'm not saying I'm not going to go to the matches and support my team. It would take more than a mad scotsman to prevent me from doing that...but I will always have these doubts about Levein. In my heart of hearts I just don't feel he is the right man for the job.

Unless he can prove me wrong by demonstating some degree of consistancy, I can't see myself changing my mind.

Last edited:
SilverFox said:
Yep, thats about the size of it mate:icon_lol:

I'm not saying I'm not going to go to the matches and support my team. It would take more than a mad scotsman to prevent me from doing that...but I will always have these doubts about Levein. In my heart of hearts I just don't feel he is the right man for the job.

Unlesshe can prove me wrong, I can't see myself changing my mind.

Fair enough,don't agree with you at all but each to their own.Who would you realistically like to see in charge and I emphasise 'realistically'?

I have no idea at this moment in time. Burley would be good, as would Brian Kerr, or even Keegan (though keegan is very unrealistic).

I would have to have a long think about that though Highland. I don't know who is available at the moment. You are correct that alternatives aren't exactly exciting. Don't get me wrong, Levein looks like a good bloke, and some of his signings have been excellent. It is just a shame he doesn't know what to do with them. He doesn't seem to know how to go about winning a game of football.:(

SilverFox said:
I have no idea at this moment in time. Burley would be good, as would Brian Kerr, or even Keegan (though keegan is very unrealistic).

I would have to have a long think about that though Highland. I don't know who is available at the moment. You are correct that alternatives aren't exactly exciting. Don't get me wrong, Levein looks like a good bloke, and some of his signings have been excellent. It is just a shame he doesn't know what to do with them. He doesn't seem to know how to go about winning a game of football.:(

George Burley will not come to Leicester,it just isn't going to happen.I expect more and more people to say 'We should get George Burley' after a defeat.Frankly they are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.The question has to be asked Who would really want to manage Leicester City ?

highland fox said:
George Burley will not come to Leicester,it just isn't going to happen.I expect more and more people to say 'We should get George Burley' after a defeat.Frankly they are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.The question has to be asked Who would really want to manage Leicester City ?
Peter Taylor?

fcukcov said:
Peter Taylor?

Indeed.I dare say many will be happy when the Local Hero takes over if Levein is forced out.Make no mistake the man who wants the job desperately is Dion Dublin.I have no doubt he will be the replacement if Levein goes.

highland fox said:

So then who is at fault for making us so unattractive a management prospect?

highland fox said:
Indeed.I dare say many will be happy when the Local Hero takes over if Levein is forced out.Make no mistake the man who wants the job desperately is Dion Dublin.I have no doubt he will be the replacement if Levein goes.

Why so sure that he wants Leveins job?

SilverFox said:
So then who is at fault for making us so unattractive a management prospect?

Can't answer that SF but if we are seen to sack a Manager just over a year into his contract after he as reduced the wage bill,introduced a Youth Set Up that beforehand was non existent,reduced the age of the Squad and introduced younger players,overhauled the Squad,been handed very little in transfer funds,...then we are hardly going to be looked upon as an attractive proposition are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669