Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton Fox said:
Offer them Blake instead, Dublin is a good cover player up front or in defence, and we certainly don't need them both with Morris close to regaining his fitness. Remember we only have a squad of 21 players, and why offer a potentially class squad member to one of our fiercest rivals? :?

I think Coventry have more serious things to worry about right now than us and cannot truly see Dion Dublin making a lot of difference one way or the other. Sky Blues need the footballing equivalent of an enema, same as we've just had. But we can wave cos we've got Craig! :lol:

Don't get all this anti Dublin sh1te. He has been no worse than the majority of the squad under Adams this season.

Dickovforengland! said:
Don't get all this anti Dublin sh1te. He has been no worse than the majority of the squad under Adams this season.

:shock:

At least some of them have tried! Dublin clearly has ability but he is about as tenacious as a cactus.

I've sat on the fence for far too long on this one, the splinters in my arse crack are not nice so I've opted to show my disapproval towards "billy", as I shall now call Dion Dublin, due to him being Idle.

More of a case of not having the legs to chase hopeful hoofs up front. Whenever the ball has been played to feet I think he has showed his class, just my opinion. Anyway its irrelevant as he is unlikely to get anything other than a subs appearance from now on.

Dickovforengland! said:
More of a case of not having the legs to chase hopeful hoofs up front. Whenever the ball has been played to feet I think he has showed his class, just my opinion. Anyway its irrelevant as he is unlikely to get anything other than a subs appearance from now on.

Unless there is an injury (hope I haven't just tempted fate)

Dickovforengland! said:

If he aint got the legs for it he should of retired instead of being the money grabbing waster that he clearly is!

Most players when they sign for their home town club, tend to give that little bit extra in every match, Dublin for me has shown little in terms of quality in his play but more disturbingly he has rarely looked like he could give a flying fook about Leicester City.

According to reports he engineered the talks with Coventry, telling them he wanted a move from Leicester, they make him an offer to match his wages at Leicester and he then decides to turn them down. He has lost the plot and I think he is living on past reputation. He brings very little to the team and I for one would like to seem him moved on and replaced by somebody with a hunger and desire to play for our team.

He did actually want to do well, but the thing is he plays in quite a laid back kind of way. That's just the way the guy is.

But with this recent thing of him not agreeing a contract with Coventry because of money, that makes you wonder what he is actually at this club for.

I think I've lost my faith in him and I don't think that he can any longer help this football club after openly saying he no longer wants to be here.

He has been openly told he won't get first team football and is most likely to be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season (his last season!).... he gets approached by Cov, what would you do? Reid allegedly offered the same terms to go to a crap club, whereby when fitness issues are solved Dublin is likely to be second fiddle again.... I am not surprised he got cold feet and dropped out.

I still believe Dublin will have something to offer us if he stays.... remember we have a squad of 19 fit players at the minute, can we really be kicking people out because of there supposed attitude(?)... and be judging them on performances where we haven't really seen anyone shine.... Give the guy time! If he goes he goes but you can't blame him with what he has been promised i.e. a possible 20 mins every now and again.... why this downer on Dublin???

He's getting his own back for the stick he got when he was at Cambridge!
Anyway, he's 35 and he aint the future. A bit part role is all he's going to get

He'll come in for injuries, but I think CL's focus on younger players who can improve is the right way to go. The old lags might be able to get us into the play-offs and then maybe into the Premiership, but then what? We'll have to fling them and try and build a brand new team in hte close season. Result: instant relegation. Our 4 top 10 finishes in a row in the PL were achieved when we got promoted with a relatively young team - Izzet, Savage, Lennon, Heskey etc - true we needed to bring in a few players for the PL but the backbone was already there.

If we are going for the slower build it does mean it is probably better for us that we don't get up this season (but I hope we do).

Sheen Fox said:
He'll come in for injuries, but I think CL's focus on younger players who can improve is the right way to go. The old lags might be able to get us into the play-offs and then maybe into the Premiership, but then what? We'll have to fling them and try and build a brand new team in hte close season. Result: instant relegation. Our 4 top 10 finishes in a row in the PL were achieved when we got promoted with a relatively young team - Izzet, Savage, Lennon, Heskey etc - true we needed to bring in a few players for the PL but the backbone was already there.

If we are going for the slower build it does mean it is probably better for us that we don't get up this season (but I hope we do).

If, as reported, he doesn't want to be at the club, he shouldn't be in the team or on the bench whether he's good enough or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669