England v Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best for entertainment, maybe

But not for the quality of football on display, which in places was piss poor

Super game, really enjoyed the match, is Kyle Naughton not due a game as we had no other right back to put on tonight

I think it was largely down to their excellent fans more than anything! Made it a great atmosphere. Great equaliser too. Decent performance on the whole, Lescott was about as useful as ever. Maybe that's the key, forget your John Terrys, Rio Ferdinands, Frank Lampards and Steven Gerrards. The billy big bollocks crowd and start bleeding through the young guns more and the lesser known stars of the premier league that will play for a place rather than expect a place.

To add to the long list of stupid things I've heard people say in relation to England games, some woman asked her friend earlier "where's Ghana?" Still, she's not as shit-thick as the bloke in the pub last summer who asked why Gareth Bale wasn't in England's World Cup squad.

To add to the long list of stupid things I've heard people say in relation to England games, some woman asked her friend earlier "where's Ghana?" Still, she's not as shit-thick as the bloke in the pub last summer who asked why Gareth Bale wasn't in England's World Cup squad.

Some bellend I used to work with asked where Serbia is. I then impressed him by pointing out Scotland have qualified for the Euros more often than Brazil. "aren't Brazil supposed to be the best?" was his response.

Some bellend I used to work with asked where Serbia is. I then impressed him by pointing out Scotland have qualified for the Euros more often than Brazil. "aren't Brazil supposed to be the best?" was his response.
:icon_lol: Some people's lack of knowledge of the world around them is frightening.

Trying to convince my dad, who knows very little to nothing about football, than not beating Ghana wasn't a bad response was a waste of effort.

He just kept telling me England should be beating them 4 or 5-0

Gyan's goal was nice, and the friendly was good. Credit to Ghana, best friendly I've seen and that was hugely down to their fans. The atmosphere sounded fantastic through the telly.

I think the new look side is looking good, and I'd question some of the older players coming back in.

I'd like to see a team of something like:

Hart
Johnson, Dawson, Terry, A.Cole
Gerrard, Wilshere, Parker/Milner
Walcott, Bent, A.Young

Maybe Adam Johnson or even Aaron Lennon in for Walcott when fit.

To me, Rooney doesn't fit into that system and hasn't played well for England for a long, long time (as in since Euro 2004 that I can remember), and doesn't justify being shoehorned into the team. Quite glad he's suspended for the next qualifier, see how the team does without him

Last edited:
:icon_lol: Some people's lack of knowledge of the world around them is frightening.

You'll be trying to tell me that Raith Rovers play in Kirkaldy next!

African trivia questions

what is the only country in the world to be GMT-1 ?
which is the only African nation to have never been part of a European empire? (bit debatable this one :) )
The word Tanzania is formed from which two words (a lake and an island)?
Which animal kills the most people in Africa? (this is debatable too i'd say...oh and not insects or man himself)

African trivia questions

what is the only country in the world to be GMT-1 ?

There's one and a bit countries that fit the bill. Cape Verde is the country. The Azores also use the same time zone and they are part of Portugal

which is the only African nation to have never been part of a European empire? (bit debatable this one :) )

Pass. No time for a debate :icon_wink

The word Tanzania is formed from which two words (a lake and an island)?

Lake Tanganika (sp?) and the island of Zanzibar

Which animal kills the most people in Africa? (this is debatable too i'd say...oh and not insects or man himself)

No idea - until I looked it up. That's a surprise!

Last edited:
For the animal I'm going for.... camel? Or dogs!

And for the country never to be part of a European empire.... Uhh... total guess. Ethiopia. Or Somalia!

Although now I've said Somalia, I have a feeling they were French at some point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570