england

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol::038:

And from 100 for 0 after about 11 overs, to losing the game.

No words adequate to describe that.

:081:

I was explaining at to the mrs at the start of the match how and why we were playing the netherlands (making up the numbers for a world cup competition etc). hmmmmmm that went well.

I was explaining at to the mrs at the start of the match how and why we were playing the netherlands (making up the numbers for a world cup competition etc). hmmmmmm that went well.

What do you mean:102:

I can see the newspaper headlines now.......

ENGLAND SO CLOSE TO PULLING OFF SHOCK WIN

Collingwood thought England had a chance of winning the tournament, as well :icon_lol:

They face a task vs Pakistan; who aren't on top form, but they possess more quality then Holland :icon_bigg

What was Broad thinking! He's not hit one shy at the stumps all match (even had to use his hand a few balls before) then with the game tied he chucks one to try and be the hero and it goes for overthrows!
If the game had been a draw then theres some sort of 1 over slog, but surely a crack at that is better than losing to an ICC qualifier.
Fair play to the Netherlands tho - no one gave them a chance. I hope they can progress (even tho it will now be at our expense)

I presume that if England win against Pakistan they would almost certainly go through, given that the loser in the Pakistan/Netherlands game will have a worse net run rate:102:

I presume that if England win against Pakistan they would almost certainly go through, given that the loser in the Pakistan/Netherlands game will have a worse net run rate:102:

Erm, no. You don't know what the run rate will be in those two matches. England could beat Pakistan and still go out.

Collingwood is one of the worst and most irritating in talking up England before tournaments and key matches.

I hope that he will be a little more restrained now.

We don't ever seem to get the selection quite right for T20. Rashid is a very promising young player but doesn't always get the nod from Yorkshire when it comes to T20. I always quite rated Robert Key - but he's hardly scored a run this season in any competition.

Erm, no. You don't know what the run rate will be in those two matches. England could beat Pakistan and still go out.

The england game was so close that the run rate of the losers will most likely be worse than englands. Is it definitely run rate before head to head?

Erm, yes. Almost impossible for England to go out on run rate if they beat Pakistan given that they lost by the narrowest margin against the Netherlands.

The england game was so close that the run rate of the losers will most likely be worse than englands. Is it definitely run rate before head to head?

And that is the crucial thing. If its head to head England are almost certain to go out, unless Pakistan also fail against the Netherlands.
If its run-rate then an England win against Pakistan should see them through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669