Essex CC match (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure after the game we'll hear the usual "disappointed", "embarrased", "go away and work on a few things before the next game in a few days time". Unfortunately we've heard it all before over the past 3-4 seasons and the same players are simply not improving.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

My lowest point as a Leicestershire supporter of 25 years.

:icon_sad: :icon_sad:

Last edited:
Its clearer by the day that this squad hasn't got the bottle to play four day cricket.

They are obviously assuming that a better than expected run in the T20 means that playing complete dross in the Championship is ok.

Well they managed to achieve a free Saturday.

I've said for a long time that it needs an outsider to come in and sort things out - unfortunately we have a far too cosy set up of the same group of people (minus Boon of course) operating in their own bubble.

A lead of 300. Is anyone surprised? They may as well declare now, no chance of us making it to tea tomorrow.

Never a truer word spoken.
:icon_bigg

I'm sure after the game we'll hear the usual "disappointed", "embarrased", "go away and work on a few things before the next game in a few days time". Unfortunately we've heard it all before over the past 3-4 seasons and the same players are simply not improving.

Boyce (endless opportunities), Smith (going backwards), New (no place these days for a keeper who can't get his share of the runs), Du Toit (not even good enough to get into the side for this game!). These are never going to be good enough at this level, but realistically Leics are not in a position to replace them all.

Cobb devastating bat in the shorter formats but I don't think he is really up for the four day game.

White ( I can see the case for him as the second or third all-rounder in the shorter formats so I suppose he just about has his merits)

New (no place these days for a keeper who can't get his share of the runs)

Especially considering he played as a batsman for two seasons and now can't buy a run!

More worrying is that the lack of confidence has now infected Taylor and Jefferson.

I was a bit depressed to see Hoggard tweet at 7pm something like "Just seen the Leicsccc score!"

Club captain and he's not keeping an eye on the game?

I suppose it would be too much to expect him to be at each day of ever match whilst injured, but I would have expected him to have some inkling of what was going on.

Sorry, I think Hoggy is great, has done well for the County and am delighted we have him so I'm really just ranting at anything to do with the club after todays events,,,,,,, :icon_cry:

More worrying is that the lack of confidence has now infected Taylor and Jefferson.

In the Championship, if opponents can get rid of Jefferson & Taylor early then they know that the rest of the batting is likely to implode.

I doubt if Jefferson and Taylor have lost confidence - I think it's more or case of when they don't fire that the weakness of the batting is clearly exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669