Speculation Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Esteban Cambiasso - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ester-make-esteban-cambiasso-transfer-4021096

Leicester make Esteban Cambiasso transfer bid by offering Argentina stalwart £5m contract

Prem new boys aim to add the guile of midfielder who has over 50 caps and almost 500 club games but is now a free agent after a decade at Inter

Leicester are ready to sign Argentinian legend Esteban Cambiasso in one of the coups of the summer.

The Premier League new boys have offered the veteran midfield general a two-year contract worth £5million.

Cambiasso - a free agent after leaving giants Inter Milan - is due in for talks to finalise the deal with Nigel Pearson's club.

The former Real Madrid star is keen on a special project and fancies England, where he has previously been pursued by West Ham.

But while the Hammers asked Cambiasso to come for a 'test', Leicester are convinced by his name and reputation.

Cambiasso, who turns 34 later this month, has one of the best CVs around with almost 500 senior club games and over 50 caps to his name, including World Cup appearances.

He has won the title in his homeland, Spain and Italy, as well as the Italian Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup and European Cup.

It is an imaginative swoop by the Thai-owned outfit, who only tried their luck recently after so-called bigger clubs failed.

Spanish side Valencia had also been trying for Cambiasso, but his long-term interest in England has worked in their favour.

Re: The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

As long as we're paying him no more than we offered Fraizer Campbell...

another pile of rubbish. 50k a week for a 34 year old who has never played in the pem ..........................................

Esteban Cambiasso - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ester-make-esteban-cambiasso-transfer-4021096

Leicester make Esteban Cambiasso transfer bid by offering Argentina stalwart £5m contract

Prem new boys aim to add the guile of midfielder who has over 50 caps and almost 500 club games but is now a free agent after a decade at Inter

Leicester are ready to sign Argentinian legend Esteban Cambiasso in one of the coups of the summer.

The Premier League new boys have offered the veteran midfield general a two-year contract worth £5million.

Cambiasso - a free agent after leaving giants Inter Milan - is due in for talks to finalise the deal with Nigel Pearson's club.

The former Real Madrid star is keen on a special project and fancies England, where he has previously been pursued by West Ham.

But while the Hammers asked Cambiasso to come for a 'test', Leicester are convinced by his name and reputation.

Cambiasso, who turns 34 later this month, has one of the best CVs around with almost 500 senior club games and over 50 caps to his name, including World Cup appearances.

He has won the title in his homeland, Spain and Italy, as well as the Italian Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup and European Cup.

It is an imaginative swoop by the Thai-owned outfit, who only tried their luck recently after so-called bigger clubs failed.

Spanish side Valencia had also been trying for Cambiasso, but his long-term interest in England has worked in their favour.

This would be a magnificent coup and exactly what we should be looking to do. Sitting in front of the back four, he'd be immense for us.

Reportedly, he rejected Inter's new contract as they wanted him to take a cut on his £70k a week so he won't come cheap unless his options are dwindling.

Stranger things have happened though.

I suppose there is a reason this is called the crazy stupid rumours thread!!

This would be an insane coup. If we get him in I'll be very very excited.

Just as excited as when I found out that an exact digital replica of the KP is on the new FIFA. Woo!!

I suppose there is a reason this is called the crazy stupid rumours thread!!

This would be an insane coup. If we get him in I'll be very very excited.

Just as excited as when I found out that an exact digital replica of the KP is on the new FIFA. Woo!!

The KP looks immense, I can't wait for that... lets hope they get the players graphics right... i.e GTF weight

As regards Cambiasso:

Dunno about this one.....Undeniably a Top pedigree, but realistically, only one season left in him. I suppose his possible contribution to Premier league survival could be worth the £5m.
A typical comparison would be the appointment of Kevin Phillips, last season.....although I can´t imagine that deal costing anywhere near this one:102:

Last edited:

If Lampard and that Gerrard lad can still mix it at the top end of the table then I see no reason why the most highly decorated player in Argentina's history can't smash the granny out of the lower half of proceedings.

I would ****ing love seeing Cambiasso orchestrating from just behind DD and MJ.

Will never, ever happen though.

Can't see us fulfilling his wage demands as they'd be well above what the rest of our squad is on. However I think bringing in some experience for midfield is one thing we should be looking at and I'd suggest there aren't many better options than this.

If he is the Argentinian equivalent of Paul Scholes, I think he would be worth every penny of the reported £50,000/week contract.

He's a free agent. Likely they would keep his wages in line with the rest of the squad but front load it with a signing on fee of a couple of million, as there would be no transfer fee involved.

If Lampard and that Gerrard lad can still mix it at the top end of the table then I see no reason why the most highly decorated player in Argentina's history can't smash the granny out of the lower half of proceedings.

I would ****ing love seeing Cambiasso orchestrating from just behind DD and MJ.

Will never, ever happen though.

Realistically, it's likely we could be used as a bargaining chip for a move elsewhere.

Saying he's only got a season left in him is pure speculation though, Alrightfilbert, surely? The bloke's got incredible pedigree, he's exactly what we're after.

Realistically, it's likely we could be used as a bargaining chip for a move elsewhere.

Saying he's only got a season left in him is pure speculation though, Alrightfilbert, surely? The bloke's got incredible pedigree, he's exactly what we're after.

I would pottentially allow him to kip in my spare room for the first couple of weeks/months.

However, if he thinks it's a free ride he's got another thing coming. I would, at the very least expect him to cook 3 decent meals per week, with some lovely Italian flair.

Rigatoni, a nice steak and some proper gnocchi would be more than acceptable, all washed down with a red wine of his choosing.

I wouldn't mind dropping him off at the ground in preparation to travel with the squad to away games, but he would have to be aware that the earliest I can knock off would usually be 3pm, meaning an arrival time at the KP of approx 4pm by the time I've nipped back to Whitwick to pick him up.

I reckon he would appreciate a pint down the local every now and again but I'm not paying, not when he's on such a good whack and I'm underpaid (in my opinion of course)

And finally he would be allowed to nip up my mum and dads for a possible fortnightly cheese pie, even If I'm not about.

He better not be weird though.

Last edited:

Can he play left-back?

Who isn't ?

Only Konchesky at the moment, but that's because he cant wait his turn, can you Paul?

And finally he would be allowed to nip up my mum and dads for a possible fortnightly cheese pie, even If I'm not about.

He better not be weird though.

What if he's lactose intolerant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572