Euro 2008 Match Pre/Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

So Holland are playing Italy tonight and the atmosphere is crazy, i am at work and the whole place is Orange, everyone is really excited, hence i will be supporting Holland, ashame England didn't make it.

I work with all different Nationalities and there are all proud of there team in the Euro and it makes the workplace fun to be in, today the germans and the pols are having big disucssions in the coffee room.

Come on Holland, i will post pictures up of the inside work and way people are dressed up and the town pics.

I hope everyone enjoys the Euro's

So Holland are playing Italy tonight and the atmosphere is crazy, i am at work and the whole place is Orange, everyone is really excited, hence i will be supporting Holland, ashame England didn't make it.

I work with all different Nationalities and there are all proud of there team in the Euro and it makes the workplace fun to be in, today the germans and the pols are having big disucssions in the coffee room.

Come on Holland, i will post pictures up of the inside work and way people are dressed up and the town pics.

I hope everyone enjoys the Euro's

I bet you don't tell them you're english!

I bet you don't tell them you're english!
its a bit late they could tell cause i want tight with my money and i wasnt a arrogant fuker with curly blond hair :081::081::081:

plus the so called Leicester accent did not help

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363339.stm

Van Nistelrooy had better luck when he gave the Dutch the lead in hugely questionable circumstances after 26 minutes, standing in what looked like an offside position when he steered Sneijder's shot past Buffon.

Italy were furious, but the chairman of Austria's refereeing commission Gerhard Kapl later insisted that Van Nistelrooy had been played onside by Italy defender Christian Panucci, who had been injured seconds and was lying off the pitch.

He said the goal was "100% correct, without any doubt", quoting article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code that states "an opposing player cannot be offside when one of the last two defenders has left the field of play" - as in the case of Panucci.

Kapl said the rule was specifically designed to prevent a team causing a deliberate offside - but does that tell the whole story?

Madness if you ask me - it's one thing to stand by the referee but there is no way that he couldn't have been offside. The whole situation just needs a little common sense!

Fantastic game though and two brilliant counter-attacking goals by the Dutch!

Oh Yeah!!! What a result for us, 3-0 against the world champs, bloody brilliant if you ask me, the streets were crazy and signing dancing and loads of beer, back at work now and still can hear the cheering going on. it was great

Oh Yeah!!! What a result for us, 3-0 against the world champs, bloody brilliant if you ask me, the streets were crazy and signing dancing and loads of beer, back at work now and still can hear the cheering going on. it was great
Oh thoshe craaazhy Dutchman.

Us??? US?!?!?!?!

Holland were scintillating at times, I hope they win it.

Didnt that happen to us V Bolton on some free kick?
No, the players were on the pitch for that game, we just hadn't gotten use to the new rules regading interfering with play.

If I remember, Bolton had at least one player in an offside position, albeit not interfering, and we just stood there and let the onside geezer score.

Madness if you ask me - it's one thing to stand by the referee but there is no way that he couldn't have been offside. The whole situation just needs a little common sense!

I agree, it is a silly rule, but the referee couldn't have changed the rules, could he? (Swede by the way:icon_wink)

Anyone watching the Greece/Sweden game? They were passing it along the back four like they were playing for pens in the first half.

Some really dirty fouls as well. Cynical in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669