Euro 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the sort of performance we expected, the selected squad isn't capable of anything else. Keep the ball but do nothing with it.

Our most effective attacking players are full backs, who unfortunately lack quality with the final ball, but it shouldn't be left to them alone to put balls into the box.

I don't think that the team changes made any difference whatsoever. It would have been the same with the bunch that played in the earlier matches.

There is no formation of note. No shape or tactical approach worth the name. No intelligence or ideas from set plays. No insight into weaknesses in the opposition.

All that is the managers remit and he stinks the place out. He's abysmal.
Summed up for me by the pundits pre match Dixon demonstrated how Wales exploited the space behind their centre backs we did it once all night bad planning by the management

It's like he's just rolled the balls out and said "enjoy yourselves lads", without a single thought given to how to actually beat a team. It's remarkable.

Of course footballers, if not given clear direction, will fanny about, take four touches and pass it sideways. All players like Sturridge, Wilshere, and Rooney want is the ball.

England have had 3 decent managers in about 60 years...but this bloke is on a shortlist with Taylor and Mclaren for me. He's utterly inept.

I caught one of his post-match interviews where he started getting the arse because he was being asked to account for the lack of goals - and he made out it was the fault of the other teams for defending. Seriously, what the ****? If I had any kind of allegiance to that team I'd be spitting feathers. England's shortcoming is everybody else's inability to lose properly? What an utter cock.

I caught one of his post-match interviews where he started getting the arse because he was being asked to account for the lack of goals - and he made out it was the fault of the other teams for defending...

He'd better hope to hell that England don't get Iceland in their next game then, that team can defend.

With France, Germany, Italy, Spain and England all now in the same half of the draw, I think the chances of Croatia making the final are pretty good. Oh, and England's chances of making the final are zero.

Croatia look very good. Similar style of play to Leicester City.

Spain's shirts look like they have had a bowl of spaghetti bolognese tipped on them.

Despite the late equaliser, I said after their draw with the Czechs that Croatia looked very impressive and last night's result has been a huge boost for them.

It also prevented them playing the Italians in the next round, which will be a massive relief to the French police.

England-Iceland will probably be a borefest of unknown dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670