Evening with Sven(March 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cynic in me wonders if the free season ticket holder event is bring held just before a large increase in ST prices is announced to soften the blow.

Hopefully the owners have noticed the massive number of empty seats in the ground and would see an increase as stupid, hopefully!

I'm going. I was hoping it would be a table for two but then I found out 498 other people are going!:icon_eek:

Had a good evening. Some interesting questions and answers, some not so. Birch seemed to take an age to ask some of the questions but that's not unusual.

Not bad for a freebie.

Last edited:
Lol! i didn't go in the end. The cynic in me thought ''there's nothing to hear I haven't heard already" Also I had the new Adele album to listen to. Good sounds and I like 'big' women' HA! Bit pissed now so will look forward to the 'big women' comments tomorrow!

Lol! i didn't go in the end. The cynic in me thought ''there's nothing to hear I haven't heard already" Also I had the new Adele album to listen to. Good sounds and I like 'big' women' HA! Bit pissed now so will look forward to the 'big women' comments tomorrow!

I never would have guessed. :icon_roll

I found the evening fascinating and enjoyable.

For me the most interesting comment was on players attitudes. Some players give energy and some drain energy. That is why some of the players left on loan. Since there are only three first team players on loan and he has praised Neilson's attitude this must surely be a criticism of Hobbs. It may also apply to Morrison and Fryatt.

None of the loan players have a "must play" in their contract but Chelsea have a policy for their two players of the more you play them the less their loan fee.

There was an amusing misunderstanding when someone in the audience said that Bamba was awesome and Sven misheard it as awful.

If there were any questions on Ricardo they never got read out but I was surprised one was read out that asked "Why is Mike Stowell always so angry" - it got a bland answer of course.

I liked Sven's comment that noone comes to Britain for the press or the weather.

Sven was full of praise for the attitude of Sol Bamba and of Tunch.

Lastly I thought Birch did very well - some of his comments were worthy of a professional comedian.

Thank you to the club for putting it on.

Did they address the urgent cold seat issue?

It will never get answered, alex - these faceless bastards simply don't care about the things that really matter

did the mention the effect on morale the sight of people leaving five minutes before the end?

For me the most interesting comment was on players attitudes. Some players give energy and some drain energy. That is why some of the players left on loan. Since there are only three first team players on loan and he has praised Neilson's attitude this must surely be a criticism of Hobbs. It may also apply to Morrison and Fryatt.

It 100% applied to Fryatt

From various contacts I doubt it was directed at Hobbs, as an example he is known is being good at & interested in the community aspects of football, that wouldn't come from a negative mindset person

Uunless Sousa did a total wrecking job with his mind

Also Hobbs is still a City player in contrast to both Fryatt & Morrison

From various contacts I doubt it was directed at Hobbs, as an example he is known is being good at & interested in the community aspects of football, that wouldn't come from a negative mindset person

Unless? UNLESS? Have you forgotten about what happened at Norwich when Sousa kicked Hobbs out of the dressing room during the after-match debrief and he was seen warming down on the pitch in floods of tears. I think what Sousa did to his mind is pretty obvious.

My recollection is that Sven mentioned players on loan which would leave out Fryatt and Morrison. Of course I may have misheard - can anyone else who was there confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363