Everton Deducted 10 Points for Breaking FFP

Fox Fan

Given that we have already launched legal action against Everton regarding our relegation last season, this will likely be a big story for us.

Obvious conclusion is that we wouldn't have been relegated last season had they not have broken the rules.

Given that we have already launched legal action against Everton regarding our relegation last season, this will likely be a big story for us.

Obvious conclusion is that we wouldn't have been relegated last season had they not have broken the rules.
Lovely stuff, **** these ****s. I hope they go down and never get back up.

This is the best season they could get this. There's enough shit in the division this year and they're slightly better than they have been over the last couple of years. I still think they'll stay up.

Having said that, they'll probably appeal and it'll be reduced or removed anyway.

I'm surprised by this - not because I don't think Everton didn't break FFP, but because it's going to be very hard for Manchester City not to be punished with this precedent.

I also think it's really lax, I think there needs to be zero tolerance for this and further down the pyramid clubs get relegated or denied promotion for far smaller affairs. We deserved to be relegated last season, but Everton did too (and the season before), and since Dyche seems to be getting a bit of a tune out of them they might survive this season yet - that's not justice, but that's down to how slowly the EPL has dealt with this as they should have relegated at the end of the season(s) they offended. Real reform would be forcing clubs to be far more open with the authorities about their finances in real time, but that will only happen if the EPL recognise their own failings and well...

In short, we, Leeds and Burnley shouldn't be sueing Everton, we should be sueing the EPL

This could take off now. Obviously any relegated club is now going to be sueing Everton you'd imagine.

They are only 2 points from safety. They’ll easily stay up.

I wonder how much they will offer is in damages to avoid litigation. We’ll do you a deal on the amount of you pay up now. Could be handy in January.

And we are apparently a ‘small club’:-

The last time they won anything, the Dead Sea was only sick :icon lol:

Last edited:
What a joke, 10 points now will barely be a punishment to them. They'll probably finish 16th rather than 13th/14th.

Why have these been punished before Man City?

This is the best season they could get this. There's enough shit in the division this year and they're slightly better than they have been over the last couple of years. I still think they'll stay up.

Having said that, they'll probably appeal and it'll be reduced or removed anyway.
My thoughts exactly. There’s so many shit teams in that league this season that the deduction wouldn’t even put them bottom of the table and they’d be less than 3 points from safety.

And I’d be shocked as all hell of they didn’t appeal and get the point deduction at least reduced.

we, Leeds and Burnley shouldn't be sueing Everton, we should be sueing the EPL
Burnley? Did Burnley go down then?

Whoever, I honestly don't see the rationale for three clubs to sue them; they would have taken *one* relegation place and therefore only *one* club was disadvantaged by their misdemeanours.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463