Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

This Saturday sees a trip to Merseyside to face Everton. our record against them is:

Overall
:
Games won: 31
Games drawn: 32
Games lost: 38

Last 10
Games won: 0
Games drawn: 8
Games lost: 2

Over the last six games this season we have W5, D1, F14, A5, Pts16.

Everton W2, D4, F16, A8, Pts 10.

I really don't have a ****ing clue what will happen here.

A win or Clownio can pack his bags. We're the new Chelsea; we've hundreds of thousands of new fans and they expect nothing but non-stop victory.

Tough game and a couple of team changes needed (id go Benailoune and King for Huth and Drinkwater), hopefully it wont desrupt the focus/momentum, but lastnights win imo means a draw wouldbe okhere. im going 1-1 Vardy

Tough game and a couple of team changes needed (id go Benailoune and King for Huth and Drinkwater), hopefully it wont desrupt the focus/momentum, but lastnights win imo means a draw wouldbe okhere. im going 1-1 Vardy
Was for Huth IMO.

Benny was fantastic against West Ham in the cup and I thought he might get a run in the side after that but to be fair to them, Wes & Huth have done very little wrong so kept their places.

Benny seemed to offer us something different though with a bit more pace and he was finding some excellent long range passes so hopefully he can bring that again on Saturday.

Big ask to stop Lukaku though but hopefully we can score more, especially as my boss is a Toffee!

Benny was fantastic against West Ham in the cup and I thought he might get a run in the side after that but to be fair to them, Wes & Huth have done very little wrong so kept their places.

Benny seemed to offer us something different though with a bit more pace and he was finding some excellent long range passes so hopefully he can bring that again on Saturday.

Big ask to stop Lukaku though but hopefully we can score more, especially as my boss is a Toffee!
I didn't see the WH match, so can't comment on that, but he was a bit of a liability against Bury as he gave away needless free kick after free kick. I hope he's more settled now if he starts.

Jeff's out of this and for a while if this is true.
Schlupp has torn his hamstring and is out for 6-9 weeks according to Ranieri. If you watch tunnel cam from last night you can see him and the damage he had done to himself
Training on Saturday is when it occurred. Ben chilwell will be recalled at the start of January

His influence last season was massive, and he managed to solidify and organise a very shaky defense. This season though Morgan has dramatically improved, particularly in organising his fellow defenders, and Simpson and Fuchs are better defensively than De Laet and Schlupp.

I actually think that Huth is the weakest link in our defence at the moment, having to resort to tugging and pushing so often that I'm surprised he hasn't been booked more.

That's not to say I'm happy he won't be playing or that he won't be missed, but i'd prefer it to be Huth not playing than any of the others right now.

The question of who replaces him is a difficult one. Was is a similar style of player so wouldn't affect our tactics much, but i worry that with the lack of game time at his age he might struggle to get up to match sharpness.

Benny may need to time to settle into our style, but his pace and ball playing abilities (by reputation) could prove useful

Completely disagree with that article.

Huth is a good player, but Morgan has clearly been our best CB this season and Wasilewski also has always done just fine there.

And if the article is basing Huth being our most influential player on "when he came into the side we started winning" - when we didn't, he came in February and we didn't start winning til April - if you're going by that token, then surely you'd make the point that Albrighton came in literally the game we started winning (vs West Ham) and the only league game he hasn't started since was Stoke away, which was probably our worst half of football this season, until he came on at half-time and the game completely changed and we came back to draw 2-2 - surely by the logic of the article, Albrighton is even more of "the real driving force behind our transformation" than Huth?

I like Huth a lot, but he's probably one of our usual XI I'd be least concerned about losing long term as I feel we have adequate cover for him, I'm much more concerned about how much we'll miss Drinkwater.

Huth is starting to show the decline of father time, something we all cannot prevent. He's 31 and you can start to see a bit of a decline in my opinion. Defenders often revert to the physical when the legs start to go.

Which makes the resurgence of Wes even more brilliant. He is also 31 but has defied father time and seems to be getting quicker and better with age. Like a fine wine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see if Benny has made any progress to warrant his fee. Might be worth a go on Saturday. Who knows, he might keep Huth out of the team?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670