Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
For months, any team with an ounce of talent that also gives a shit has slapped this lot around. A couple of decent shoves from someone with a ruthless streak and they’ll drop off the relegation cliff. If we show up in the mood to ruin someone’s season we’ll smash them up.

2-0 home win

Wednesday, 7.45PM. No TV.
Thankful for that. I still haven't got over Sunday. I'm still incredibly annoyed. When you think of all the points thrown away in time added on this season it's heart breaking.

Would like to drop them in the shit here and we should be putting out a pretty strong side I reckon:

Kasper

Justin
Fofana
Soyuncu
Castagne

Mendy
Choudhury
Maddison

Barnes
Daka
Albrighton

Is how I’d go. But I suspect Evans, Youri, Ricardo and Nacho will play.

I think Youri needs a week off. I think Barnes should be playing as much as possible to try and squeeze some form out of him.

I think Evans and Nacho should be wrapped in cotton wool for Europe.

Thankful for that. I still haven't got over Sunday. I'm still incredibly annoyed. When you think of all the points thrown away in time added on this season it's heart breaking.

25 points dropped from winning positions is it? Incredible stat.

Other than the UECL, the Newcastle game was our last scheduled TV game this season I think.
Not surprising considering what we’ve been dishing up this season. Borefest.

Head-to-head

• Everton's only clean sheet in 15 Premier League home games against Leicester came back in 1999. However, the hosts have lost just two of those matches (W5, D8).
  • The Toffees are unbeaten in the past four meetings in all competitions.

Everton

• Everton have won three of their five home league matches under Frank Lampard, just one fewer than they managed in their 10 other top-flight games at Goodison Park this season.
  • The Toffees have won consecutive home league fixtures for the first time since September.
  • They have lost 18 of the last 21 top-flight matches in which they have conceded at least once (W1, D2).
  • Anthony Gordon has been directly involved in five of Everton's past seven home league goals, scoring four and providing an assist.
  • Richarlison has scored in four of his last six Premier League games against Leicester.

Leicester City

• The Foxes have lost six of their last eight Premier League away games (W1, D1).
  • Leicester's solitary clean sheet in 22 away league fixtures came in a 2-0 win at Burnley on 1 March.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have conceded a league-high 22 goals from set-piece situations this season.
  • They have lost 13 league games this season, equalling their final tally in each of the previous two campaigns.
  • James Maddison has scored eight goals and provided five assists in the Premier League this season, matching his total goal involvement from 2020-21.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has been involved in four goals in his last four appearances against Everton in all competitions, scoring two and assisting two.

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Nick Hopton.
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490