Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

OT but this twat has pissed me off in the extreme recently. Reckons the vacant job at the City Ground needs a 'Forest person'.

A tree surgeon or a hippy then, Swampy has been out of the news for a while.

OT but this twat has pissed me off in the extreme recently. Reckons the vacant job at the City Ground needs a 'Forest person'.
Anykne remember when Darren did the phone in on Century106 ?
He was so Forest biased on that as well he had his cronies on and Robbie Savage used to ring up which used to be a bit of a laugh. There were a few City fans that rang up, including me a couple of times, but it was mostly Forest with the odd crazy Ram.

A tree surgeon or a hippy then, Swampy has been out of the news for a while.
Swampy's dead fitz.
Had a heart complaint, but wouldn't let the bypass go ahead....

Verma wins three points for the Poppies with a cool, composed finish.

An increasingly impressive Ashley Chambers scores his fifth goal of the season for York City away to Southport, winning a point for a York side that is beginning to click.

An increasingly impressive Ashley Chambers scores his fifth goal of the season for York City away to Southport, winning a point for a York side that is beginning to click.

I said a few weeks back - he's the best player I've seen in the BSP so far this season. York's biggest problem maybe holding onto some key players come January as I'm sure the lower League sides will have started popping Chambers and others on their shopping lists.

York really do look like they will mount a challenge for promotion this season.

Gary Mills has worked wonders - and he certainly has pashun. Some of the players he's brought in are a class above and the style of football is a lot of fun too. I can honesty say it's better than much of the football in higher leagues. Unfortunately it's incredibly difficult to get out of that league, even if you are playing well.

I said a few weeks back - he's the best player I've seen in the BSP so far this season. York's biggest problem maybe holding onto some key players come January as I'm sure the lower League sides will have started popping Chambers and others on their shopping lists.

It's a problem for any team down there, except possibly Crawley a couple of years ago. I think Jason Walker will be poached too, if he keeps it up he'll have 20 goals by Christmas. Chambers is definitely looking back to his potential best after a year of being played too deep. I can't find stats for assists in the BSP but he must have a fair few to go with the goals.

I think Jason Walker will be poached too, if he keeps it up he'll have 20 goals by Christmas.

A lot of league clubs looked at him when he was at Barrow and it was a surprise he went to Luton (briefly) before ending up at York. Maybe his age (27) and his lack of success when he played in the league previously has worked against him.

Another Conference player attracting interest is Walker's replacement at Barrow, Adam Boyes (a former York player), who has scored ten goals so far this season. Leeds are one of the teams to have sent scouts to watch him.

Kirkland having a stormer on his debut. Donny 0-3 down against Leeds.
Radio Sheffield commentators reckon none of the goals were his fault.

Old player Guy Branston has been sent off making his debut for Rotherham when it was 3-2 to Bristol Rovers. It finished 5-2. Rotherham on the slide thats about 7 without a win.

Feckin 'ell, what's happening at Celtic. 3 down at half time to Kilmarnock.
Surely Neil Lennon's days are numbered!

Feckin 'ell, what's happening at Celtic. 3 down at half time to Kilmarnock.
Surely Neil Lennon's days are numbered!

Brilliant stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673