Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have written it so that Merchants character comes off as the funny one. Just because Merchant has been given all the funny sketches doesnt mean it is him how writes them!

Agreed Baco, Merchants character is very slapstick and he is intentionally portrayed as a 'pillock' which gives him much more room for being funny. Gervais' characters humour is often through situation.

I think they have written it so that Merchants character comes off as the funny one. Just because Merchant has been given all the funny sketches doesnt mean it is him how writes them!

I believe Lead Balloon is replacing Extras when the current Series ends

What with Gervais being a more talented actor, he can take on situationist comedy? I thought in this episode his parts were done badly and scripted badly.

I watched Arrested Development after which despite being competely barmy and America it was funny.

fecking missed it, didnt realise til it were too late that BBC sheduled it at the same time as the sopranos, this week a disapointing end to an excellent weekend,

last one tonight!!

wonder if they will do a 3rd?

With The Office they were very clear it was only ever going to be 2 series. They haven't said anything about Extras. I think Gervais likes having these celebs desperate to go on his show

With The Office they were very clear it was only ever going to be 2 series. They haven't said anything about Extras. I think Gervais likes having these celebs desperate to go on his show

i heard an interview with him a while back, he said he will see how this series goes before making up his mind. I think its been a success so IMO there is room to do another one.

I know what happens tonight as i read it by accident, and i think it could set a 3d series up quite well!

i heard an interview with him a while back, he said he will see how this series goes before making up his mind. I think its been a success so IMO there is room to do another one.

I know what happens tonight as i read it by accident, and i think it could set a 3d series up quite well!

My wife told me it's the last series ever, confirmed. I suppose they could still copy the office and have a one-off Christmas special.

i thought last nights was the best of the series!!! robert lindsay was funny :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I heard that they aren't doing anymore,maybe just a One off Special.Good idea I think,a lot of these Comedies are ruined when they do endless Series IMO

i thought last nights was the best of the series!!! robert lindsay was funny :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Great Actor

I heard that they aren't doing anymore,maybe just a One off Special.Good idea I think,a lot of these Comedies are ruined when they do endless Series IMO

Yes, agreed HF. The best comedies are always the shorter ones

only fools and horses had loads and was still good!!

however on the whole i agree but i think extras has one more series left in it, unlike the office which was right to stop at 2 + xmas special

I disagree there Scarby. OFAH got stale in its last 3 series, some good bits but not classic.

The best ever BBC Comedy programme last only two series..Fawlty Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670