F1 at Donington

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITV interviewed the CEO of Donington at the weekend and he said that all the plans were ready to go. An extra infield loop (the gradients on this should be very interesting) has already been designed in the style of the Craner curves to add about half a mile to the track length. This has all been designed by the guy who did the shanghai circuit. They will also be building new grand stands and paddocks etc. The money will be raised with a fans club (I think a little like club Wembley) which will be announced in full in the next couple of weeks. The planning applications are ready to be submitted, they “just” need around 100million pounds. The local authority are in support of it as are the Highways departments etc. The road infrastructure etc will all be upgraded.

in 2 years?

We struggle to get a house extension done in 2 years with the current planning process so i understand the sceptacism (sp?). But they seem to think they can do it......

All part of Bernies masterplan. Set nigh on impossible targets, then tell the British public that the grand prix is scrapped for a more lucrative race elsewhere.

Interesting conspiracy theory there BB. I don't think they will ever scrap the british gp as we support a mjority of the teams in and around the M4 corridor and it would be madness to not have a gp near where most of the teams are based, but thats just my opinion I spose.

I don't think they will ever scrap the british gp as we support a mjority of the teams in and around the M4 corridor
If I was a gambling man, I'd have a little wager that you actualy meant to say M40, but missed off the zero by mistake.

If I was a gambling man, I'd have a little wager that you actualy meant to say M40, but missed off the zero by mistake.

Arent most of them grouped around the area of the M4/M40 interchange?:icon_wink

It's not just Bernie. For Euro 2012, Ukraine intend to build the same amount of motorway France built in 50 years in just 4 years.

BLoody concrete and tarmac prices will continue to rise at silly rates then.

They haven't even been granted any planning permission yet. I can see them subbing it back to Silverstone for a couple of years personally.

They haven't even been granted any planning permission yet. I can see them subbing it back to Silverstone for a couple of years personally.
That's a possibility, if Silverstone still meets the criteria in two years.

Planning at Donington isn't usually an issue.

That's a possibility, if Silverstone still meets the criteria in two years.

Planning at Donington isn't usually an issue.

The councils will be more than happy to grants whats needed, I'm sure but even if they got that tomorrow I just can't see it being done in 3 years let alone 2. They havent even started getting money in yet!

I just can't see it being done in 3 years let alone 2. They havent even started getting money in yet!
I've never built a race track, nor altered a road structure. So I can't tell you that I think it will be done in time.

I've never built a race track, nor altered a road structure. So I can't tell you that I think it will be done in time.

Have you not? I built a cracker about 15 years ago. Little men on the sidelines, realistic trees, pit garages, candle wax on the corner so the cars drifted, the lot! Took about 3 weeks, so you never know!

Last edited:
Have you not? I built a cracker about 15 years ago. Little men on the sidelines, realistic trees, pit garages, candel wax on the corner so the cars drifted, the lot! Took about 3 weeks, so you never know!
I would love to set up a proper Scalextric and do it all properly. Likewise I am sometimes impressed by the lifelike train set displays, athough I think I'd get bored very, very quick.

Never had a Scalextric, I had a TCR with Indy Jam Car.

I would love to set up a proper Scalextric and do it all properly. Likewise I am sometimes impressed by the lifelike train set displays, athough I think I'd get bored very, very quick.

Never had a Scalextric, I had a TCR with Indy Jam Car.

They had a full mock up Scalextric of Silverstone there over the weekend on the Santander stand, quite impressive. 4 cars per lane as well which was quite cool.

Last edited:

The building work can be done in that time with the right size of contractors on board. Its the tendering and contract agreement process that will take up a good chunk of the time. Of course this may already be done for all we know but I doubt it if they don't have the money in place. It would be a very risky strategy.

The building work can be done in that time with the right size of contractors on board. Its the tendering and contract agreement process that will take up a good chunk of the time. Of course this may already be done for all we know but I doubt it if they don't have the money in place. It would be a very risky strategy.

They need to prise £100m out of the fans as well, that won't happen over night!

They had a full mock up Scalextric of Silverstone there over the weekend on the Santander stand, quite impressive. 4 cars per lane as well which was quite cool.

I never had a scaletrix when I was a lad so about 4 years ago I went and brought a £150 quid formula one set with all the bells and whistles. Ended up having 3 different ones none of which worked and got so pissed off I exchanged the final one for a tv for my bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669