Post Match FA Cup 3rd Round - Forest 0 - 0 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nugent obviously seems to be able to carve chances out for himself whether the 'service' is good or bad. Beckford just gives the impression that he is waiting for someone else to do all the work. And hearing Stringer say that in defending 'Danns is overtaking Beckford' does nothing to diminish the 'lazy fecker' tag.

Any news on Schlupp and his injury?

I'm getting tired of Matt Mills. Sick of waiting for his 'potential' to shine through while he keeps on making rather schoolboy errors with regards to positioning and a lack of composure and such like. Maybe it's time to persist with a Tunchev/ Bamba partnership at the back.

We don't lose many games when Mills plays. 4 times in 22 games. He was sent off, obviously his fault, in two of them. When he plays 90 minutes we've had a positive result.

We'd have a lot more points in the books if he had played more games. If his discipline settles down he's an important player.

As to his form, I obviously can't speak to that.

Last edited:
Any news on Schlupp and his injury?

From the official LCFC Twitter:

Pearson on Schlupp: "It's not looking good, but he'll be scanned tomorrow. It's his knee and it looks long-term."

Hopefully not, we need our Schlupperman!

Heard a lot of reports of people wearing LCFC colours (I won't call them supporters) behaving like complete and utter ****s. Three things definitely happened: people pissing in the Trent, people throwing coins at Forest fans, people verbally abusing both Forest and Leicester fans and others both before and after the game. There were a lot of people I've never seen before there today. Apparently some people don't know how to behave at football.

Certainly didn't sound dull on the radio.
Also, thought the commentary was a little better today.

Maybe try Kennedy in front of PK next game.

Good to hear Tunch played well.

Well it was ultra dull in the ground. Awful game played by 2 terrible teams.

Beckford again looked like he was trying his hardest with little decent service, but no doubt he was shit.

Im normally a supporter of Beckford but im afraid you must have been watching a different game today, he was utterly inept in ever department, infact I remember quite clearly him even managing to tackle himself twice in the first half.

His one saving grace was that there was at least one other useless fecker on the pitch who.played worse than him.......step forward Mr Gallagher, possibly the most inept individual in the 3rd round.

Well it was ultra dull in the ground. Awful game played by 2 terrible teams.

Agreed, two utterly clueless sides who will be nowhere near the upper table action come the end of the season.

We had a good 2nd half, however we failed totally to convert any chances that Danns in particular strived to create.

Im normally a supporter of Beckford but im afraid you must have been watching a different game today, he was utterly inept in ever department, infact I remember quite clearly him even managing to tackle himself twice in the first half.

His one saving grace was that there was at least one other useless fecker on the pitch who.played worse than him.......step forward Mr Gallagher, possibly the most inept individual in the 3rd round.

I have wanted Beckford to succeed too and have been in the 'he'll come good soon' camp since he signed. However he gives me nothing to continue to hold out hope. If he can't be arsed to jump for a header or make a forward run then he shouldn't be at the club. Another awful signing from Ericsson.

I'm getting tired of Matt Mills. Sick of waiting for his 'potential' to shine through while he keeps on making rather schoolboy errors with regards to positioning and a lack of composure and such like. Maybe it's time to persist with a Tunchev/ Bamba partnership at the back.

Him and Tunch looked extremely solid today. I really can't see what Mills did wrong defensively today and his passing was very good too.

Awful first half - should have been 2 down inside 10 minutes but much better showing in the second half and should have really nicked it. Still struggling to understand how Dyer managed to smash it over from 2 yards though!!

Beckford was pretty useless to be honest, shown glimpses of a good player but looked as if he couldn't be bothered and generally made Trevor Benjamin look like an amazing striker. Abe & Gallagher were right to come off too as both were very ineffectual and Dyer made a good impact coming on and look dangerous most times he got the ball.

Didn't see any trouble where I was though and I was right by the Forest fans to the left of the goal so must have been at the other end. Seemed like good banter there really though disappointed 'Robin Hood what a w@nker' didn't take off more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669