Facebook Publishing Your Phone Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Not sure if this is a new feature or not. However, if you click on 'Account' in the top RH corner, then 'Edit Friends'. On the resulting page click on 'Phonebook' on the LHS and it lists all of your friends and their landline and mobile numbers.

Now I dunno about you but I give my number to those folks I want to have it, not to any Tom Dick or Harry without my say so.

Not sure if this is a new feature or not. However, if you click on 'Account' in the top RH corner, then 'Edit Friends'. On the resulting page click on 'Phonebook' on the LHS and it lists all of your friends and their landline and mobile numbers.

Now I dunno about you but I give my number to those folks I want to have it, not to any Tom Dick or Harry without my say so.

Its pulled from the Facebook app if youve synced your facebook friends with your phonebook. The numbers arent visible to anyone but you.

Its pulled from the Facebook app if youve synced your facebook friends with your phonebook. The numbers arent visible to anyone but you.

I think there's another list of all people who publish their phone numbers on their FB pages as well.

Yeah, I suppose.

Although it's SJN we're dealing with here...

:icon_wink

Ture

So BF's number is showing in my phonebook list becasue she has published it in her profile?

My number isn't in my profile and I haven't synced my phone with my Facebook app.

Last edited:
You can set up different viewing rights for different groups or users, if you can be arsed. My number is only viewable to people I don't mind knowing, it's not like anyone's really that interested in contacting me any way.

I've never noticed that before - but then my daughters think anyone over 40 should be banned from FB anyway for general social media incompetence.

The lady in my office went off on one about FB publishing numbers yesterday.

Her: "I can't believe they do that, blah blah blah"

Me: "how did they get your number?"

Her: "i put it on my profile"

Me: "so you gave it to them?"

Her: "but i didn't think all of my friends could see it..."

And she isn't quite 40...

I'm just surprised that this lot haven't been collared for doing something similar - only instead of simply releasing people's numbers they gone and put them in a book and force them into houses.

Exactly how long do we have to suffer this disgusting invasion of our privacy? Not only that but anybody could get access to these numbers and a child could answer the phone. A bloody child! Christ! The very thought of it makes me want to puke.

I'm just surprised that this lot haven't been collared for doing something similar - only instead of simply releasing people's numbers they gone and put them in a book and force them into houses.

Exactly how long do we have to suffer this disgusting invasion of our privacy? Not only that but anybody could get access to these numbers and a child could answer the phone. A bloody child! Christ! The very thought of it makes me want to puke.

:038:

:081:

I've never noticed that before - but then my daughters think anyone over 40 should be banned from FB anyway for general social media incompetence.

My sons both sent me friend requests, but when I told them that my profile was a 'kid-free zone' they promptly blocked me!

Ture

So BF's number is showing in my phonebook list becasue she has published it in her profile?

My number isn't in my profile and I haven't synced my phone with my Facebook app.

I didnt put it on my profile knowingly, though I don't know if cos I used to access FB on my phone whether it linked it from that? Anyhoo the only people who can view my profile properly are those on my friends lists, and tbh most of those would already have my number- or they are folk I 'talk' to on one of a couple of forums regularly.

Anyhoo, no one has yet abused the fact it's on there, more's the pity......

Is that an invitation? :110:

Glory, glory!! Somebody still knows that the noun is 'invitation'. All I seem to get nowadays is 'invites' ffs!

:023:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673