Favourite Leicester match..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favorite Leicester match..

Worst - losing to Spurs in the final. The worst I've seen on TV, losing to Stoke and going down to League 1 and losing to Cardiff in the playoffs last season.

Two that could qualify for both the best and the worst: the Swindon 4-3 and the Atletico Madrid home game which was the best atmosphere at Filbo but an utter outrage as well. When will that game finally be exposed for the fraud it clearly was?

3-3 v Derby sometime in '94 at Filbert Street - From what i remember Kitson who had recently signed for them got 2 and Roberts got 2 for us. Great game. I think Derby were 2 up in about the first 10 minutes but is was 3-3 before half time!

Well if we are talking about famous sheep slaughters, who could possibly forget our silencing of the Rams live on TV! I was interviewed by Sky before that game so I knew it was gonna be special :icon_bigg

Well if we are talking about famous sheep slaughters, who could possibly forget our silencing of the Rams live on TV! I was interviewed by Sky before that game so I knew it was gonna be special :icon_bigg
The 4-0 at Pride Park? Good day that. Someone post the video again...

I was at a game once at the walkers. I think we scored 4. Can't remember who it was against but I vaguely remember them playing in yellow. It may have been a bloke called Martin Allan who was our manager. That was a good game, or did I just dream it.

Seems so long ago...

Really? I cant believe it was 13 years ago, only seems like yesterday I was sat watching it on TV

Have we had anyone since Guppy who can take a set piece so well? I had almost forgotten how good we were at set pieces, both the delivery and attacking the ball.

I think my favourite so far was the 1-0 victory over leeds at the walkers, which effectively signalled that we were out of league one. I've never celebrated that hard before, and Steve Howard knows exactly how to work a situation like that. I can just remember the entire crowd absolutely exploding.

in terms of away games i always remember the 4-4 at villa in the mid 90's and also the 4-4 at spurs in 2004

Home is more difficult but id have to say the 3-2 fa cup comeback also against spurs in 2006

I was at a game once at the walkers. I think we scored 4. Can't remember who it was against but I vaguely remember them playing in yellow. It may have been a bloke called Martin Allan who was our manager. That was a good game, or did I just dream it.

I had a dream that my third attempt hit the crossbar in the halftime crossbar challenge at that match. I also dreamt I had a picture to prove I was there on the pitch. Heck of a dream.

3-3 v Derby sometime in '94 at Filbert Street - From what i remember Kitson who had recently signed for them got 2 and Roberts got 2 for us. Great game. I think Derby were 2 up in about the first 10 minutes but is was 3-3 before half time!

I Remember staying up to watch us play Derby at Filbo in about March time on the highlights, I fell asleep trying to stay up but woke up to watch them.

That's the one.

The first season I remember clearly is the 91/92 season. As I was young I used to love every match it seemed but a few that stick in my mind are beating Cambridge 2-1 at home in the League not long before the end of the season - Tommy Wright was immense that night.

Also another favourite from that season would be 3-1 at home to Barnsley, I got a match programme and went home and re-enacted the match in my back garden - unfortunately it rained and my programme was ruined. I cried for about 3 days.

Favourite matches from recent years include the Leeds 1-0 and beating Preston away 1-0 in 09/10.

Last edited:

Not a favourite match, nor a worse match, more a match that sticks in the mind. Brian Little's return with Villa after he "wasn't going to Villa".
Such hate and vitirole I've never witnessed before as a City supporter.

Personally, I believe that it was his success at Leicester that started the ball rolling for MON to enjoy the later 90's.

I agree, Little did a fantastic job at Leicester. Never really worked out for him anywhere else, but was the right man at the right club back then. Shame he couldn't get more players with the quality of Draper when we first went up.

For those a bit younger, Draper is often a forgotten man in city folklore, but in the short time he was at the club he was exceptional.

The same could probably be said of Micky Adams.

Both played fairly grim, but effective, football.

Last edited:
I only started following football properly during the first full season under Micky Adams - my dad had season tickets with others that we used when someone couldn't make it. I remember listening to the radio on the day promotion was confirmed - I think that's what got me hooked.

I remember the cup finals vaguely (my mate cried when we lost to Spurs, in front of everyone at the West End WMC) and especially the cup run which got us on Sky [what seemed] every other week - including games against Villa, Fulham, Arsenal?

My personal best experience so far was the game against Cardiff in the play-offs last year. Jumping up and down for king's goal almost lost me a hot dog. Taking the lead after seemigly being out of it was unbelievable. Then when it went to penalties it felt as if we would go on to win.

Some of the football that Sven's team produced this year was exceptional so I hope to be experiencing more like this in the coming years. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669