Fifa 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Demo is out today, full game out on the 30th.

Who's getting this?

I played the PES demo and it was absolutely terrible. Played one game and didn't like it. Tried playing with a mate a couple of days later (who is a PES buyer every year) and we didn't even bother with the second half.

FIFA looks incredible. I'm downloading the demo now. Was hoping to play tonight but it's going to take a while to download so might have to wait until tomorrow!

yeh defo getting fifa. got pes last year but hardly played it. back to fifa for me.

my mate supports man city and is all over it unfortunately. i think theyre on the demo too

I'll be getting FIFA, played the demo today & it's good as usual. As above, PES hasn't got anywhere near FIFA for years.

Played a lot of games on the demo, cannot wait to get a career mode going with this years Leicester players/money... Pre-ordered the 'ultimate edition' :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Passing will take some getting used to, as well tackling now. Impressive overhaul of the aesthetics. Does wonder how slow the poor players will be on it going off on the demo.

Passing will take some getting used to, as well tackling now. Impressive overhaul of the aesthetics. Does wonder how slow the poor players will be on it going off on the demo.

I've wondered this too. Playing as Barca, Puyol feels very, very slow when trying to chase the ball.

I'm worried that lower league players will move at a snail's pace. I'm hoping the game in general is a bit faster when it comes out. Feels slower than before.

I'm enjoying the demo though, despite struggling against the computer. I've only scored a few goals against the computer so far, and that was from corners and penalties (not including shootouts). I like the tactical dribbling. First time you've ever really able to effictively use a target man in a football game. Great to hold up the play. Through balls (and especially chipped ones) don't seem as effective this time, but you can play some great lobbed passes and crossfield balls.

Last edited:
I really really like the fact that it isn't as easy to score with a finesse shot now. It was far too easy to cut inside from the wing and curl one in the top corner.

Problem being I can't seem to keep the ball out the net at the minute..

I played the 360 demo, not sure about the new defensive system. The penalty system is still shit, bring back FIFA 10 penos. Seems much harder to actually make a tackle now and get close to attacking players... can't help but think that by trying to make the game more realistic they are gradually taking away the ability to be good at the game by reading the game.

For sad ***** who book days off work to sit there and spunk over it all day.

Or... for people that play Ultimate Team mode?

Special Edition gives you 18 gold packs (3 packs a month for the first 6 months) in Ultimate Team. The Ultimate Edition gives you 24 packs (4 a month for 6 months).

I've pre-ordered the Special Edition from Tescos as I'm told they're likely to have it the cheapest. I play Ultimate Team more than I play anything else, but didn't seem worth the extra money for an extra pack a month.

Or... for people that play Ultimate Team mode?

Special Edition gives you 18 gold packs (3 packs a month for the first 6 months) in Ultimate Team. The Ultimate Edition gives you 24 packs (4 a month for 6 months).

I've pre-ordered the Special Edition from Tescos as I'm told they're likely to have it the cheapest. I play Ultimate Team more than I play anything else, but didn't seem worth the extra money for an extra pack a month.

Oh right.

why play ultimate team when you can be man city in career mode and sign whoever you want

Because you can sign whoever you want, and that makes it a bit boring for me. And that's only against the computer.

More of a challenge in UT because you have to build up your team by winning matches. Plus people don't quit as much as in normal online play.

tbh I've never really given it much of a go. Im put off by paying extra money for signing players and stuff like that.

Also based on the demo it feels exactly the same as last years, but its really hard to defend!

I get the feeling this will be FIFA's ''difficult album'', the people whose attention-span lasts about five minutes are going to struggle with this one. The way you have to stroke the ball around is like Pro Evo of old.

I get the feeling this will be FIFA's ''difficult album'', the people whose attention-span lasts about five minutes are going to struggle with this one. The way you have to stroke the ball around is like Pro Evo of old.

I agree. It's a lot more about a slower, more patient build up game... and then waiting for gaps to open and exploit.

I welcome it and am enjoying it more and more on the demo (and I think I will even more online as the CPU will be better at defending than a lot of people early on I reckon), but I think a lot won't like that they have to change the way they play and will just get fed up and give up.

No more just pass, one-two, chip through ball to fast striker and goal. That seems to be gone :)

The difficulty levels seems way out. I went on intermediate and can't score for toffee and shipped loads of goals but on beginner I won 5-0 and 6-0 against Barca. No middle ground. Not tried expert yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566