Fifa 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

Released 2nd October in the UK. Can't wait for this one, fifa is miles ahead of Pro Evo now in my opinion and they're offering even more improvements this year;

- Improved AI.
- More realistic fitness levels (lower leagues were virtually unplayable on 09)
- Increased control over the players e.g can move in any direction.
- Promising a better manager mode too.

Last edited:
Improved AI.

I should hope so. The difference between Professional and World Class difficulty settings on 09 was immense.

More realistic fitness levels (lower leagues were virtually unplayable on 09)

They were completely unplayable if you had a squad of fewer than 55 players. Fortunately, it was absurdly easy to sign world-class (or at least Premier League class) players even to the smallest League Two outfit

Increased control over the players e.g can move in any direction.

Again, one would hope so. In 09, you could be desperately closing down a winger with your full-back only for control to suddenly switch to your centre-back who was thirty yards away in the box and your full-back would inexplicably retreat upfield.

Promising a better manager mode too.

It'll have to be. The calendar needs fixing. The transfer system is piss-poor. Everything about the cup competitions is wrong. The experience points make no sense whatsoever (and nor does the fact that no players at any other clubs earn any). The staff upgrade system also makes no sense and is too expensive within the game anyway. The often nonsensical emails are irritating at best.

EA needs to learn to do something properly or don't do it at all.

Konami need to pull their fingers out of their arses and get cracking on the many annoying little problems on PES. For the last three years or so they have just copied and slightly updated the previous version without any real effort. The head start they had over FIFA for years is more or less gone now.

If FIFA have fixed the problems with the single player modes then i can't see why i wouldn't favour it over PES this time around.

The head start they had over FIFA for years is more or less gone now.

I know there are some who prefer PES and some who favour FIFA, and I'm firmly the latter so perhaps I'm bound to say this, but I'm not convinced there was any head start. For all the shortcomings FIFA has always had (set pieces, ill-conceived manager modes, horribly uneven learning curve) it's always been at least the equal of PES, which to me has always appeared uninteresting, for want of a better word.

I know there are some who prefer PES and some who favour FIFA, and I'm firmly the latter so perhaps I'm bound to say this, but I'm not convinced there was any head start. For all the shortcomings FIFA has always had (set pieces, ill-conceived manager modes, horribly uneven learning curve) it's always been at least the equal of PES, which to me has always appeared uninteresting, for want of a better word.

I used to go for PES over FIFA every year untill 08 came out and PES hadn't improved at all, I think it may actually have gotten worse.

I used to go for PES over FIFA every year untill 08 came out and PES hadn't improved at all, I think it may actually have gotten worse.

Oh it has, I have always been FIFA apart from in 2002 when I preferred the first PES to FIFA 02. I picked up the first PES for PS2 a few years back for 99p and still play it occasionally as it's still a good game - much better than the ones they produce 7 or 8 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669