Fifa09 January Data Update - Have your say on Leicester's squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placebo

Howdy Folks,

The transfer window is upon us and I'm looking after 12 teams for the squad update which will be out early February, I'm looking for any Leicester fans who play next gen Fifa 09 and would like to provide me with feedback/suggestions as to how I can make Leicester more accurate in terms of appearances/stats/attributes/formation/playing style etc. etc.

What I'm looking for is appearance corrections, ie wrong hair/facial hair, inaccurate face, skin colour wrong (black or mixed race players especially tend to end up with wrong skin tones quite often).

Also looking for stat/attribute corrections, who has the wrong strong foot? Wrong height? DOB? etc. etc. also then who should be improved/weakened based on the current season, your top scorer got bad finishing in the game? Tell me and I'll fix it, most booked player not aggressive enough in the game? I can fix that, etc

Finally I also need an updated first 16 which should basically be your strongest 16 with only long term injured players left out of the default formation. As well as updated playing style (assuming the playing style for your team in Fifa09 is different from the real life playing style.

If anyone is interested in helping out please reply here I can be reached via here, or via ICQ/MSN

MSN: Placebo_BIS AT hotmail dot com (doesn't receive Emails).

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Thanks for finally unbanning me, and best I don't share my thoughts on the person who reported me as a spammer.

My purpose here is solely to improve the experiences of Leicester fans, if that's not wanted then I have 11 other teams with fans who do care about how their team looks and plays in Fifa :)

is this for an official update? i.e. you work for EA?

Yes and no, yes it's for the official January transfer window roster update that'll be available in Mid Feb, no I don't directly work for EA, data editors (such as myself) that contribute to the data of a number of teams (I do 12, 2 championship and 10 League1 for this update) are technically sub-contractors I guess you could say, nominal payment for our services.

Best 16 at the mo are

kevin poole

gary mills
gary coatsworth
franck rolling
colin hill

steve guppy
steve corica
tom english
franz carr

iwan roberts
kevin russell

subs
paul fitzpatrick
nathan blake
nicolas priet
steve agnew
carl hooper

Thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

ignore that. that line-up would be suited to something closer to Fifa 95.

I'll take a look later on, transfers off the top of my head that aren't present in the current Leicester line-up are:

No longer with Leicester city:
Kishishev
Campbell (on loan to Blackpool)

with Leicester but not present in current fifa 09:
Bruno Berner
Mark Davies (loan from Wolves)
Marc Edworthy
Aman Verma

The first team on fifa should be something like:

GK - Martin
RB - Gilbert
CB - Tunchev
CB - Hobbs
LB - Powell
RM - Oakley
CM - Davies
CM - King
LM - Dyer
ST - Howard
ST - Fryatt

subs:

GK - Henderson
CB - Kisnorbo
LB - Mattock
RM - Berner
ST - Dickov

someone will probably have to confirm but I think that's generally what we have been playing when injuries haven't been a problem to the starting 16.

I'm not sure about stats etc, I know Leicester are only 2 star rating on Fifa which I think is a bit silly when we have been outperforming Leeds this season who have a higher rating than us..

just buy championship manager and copy it ;)

A few more points of note

1.) set pieces - Matty Fryatt is our penalty taker, Matt Oakley on free kicks and corners I believe. Club captain is Matt Oakley.
2.) I feel that Andy King for Leicester City is criminaly underrated, scoring on a regular basis from midfield, pretty good on the whole at long range efforts IMO. An over-all rating of 48 for him takes the piss..
3.) Fryatt, one of the top scorers in the league but isn't even the highest rated strikers on Leicester's books let alone in League one, that needs to be addressed IMO.
4.) Mark Davies - on loan from Wolves, I don't think his preferred position should be RW - I'm sure it is meant to be CM, this is where we play him atleast. I also think hes a bit under-rated. He's fantastic at League one level atleast.. and a rating of 54 doesn't show that.
5.) Defensive aggression in tactics, it has us as doubling up and I'm not sure that's quite right myself but someone else might be best to confirm on this, I think we should just be 'press' rather than 'double up'.
6.) TRANSFERS

IN
Davies (loan from Wolves)
Berner

OUT
Campbell (loan to Blackpool)
N'Gotty (loan to Hereford)
Wesolowski (loan to Cheltenham)
Kishishev (Released)

that's all that comes to mind at the minute, I think City Fan on here is a bit of a fifa fan and, of course a Leicester fan so might be worth him putting in his two cents..

just buy championship manager and copy it ;)

1. We all know Football Manager > Championship Manager
2. That's a smidge naughty
3. Fifa has better graphics ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback, some excellent stuff coming in, first part of this month is making contacts with fans of the clubs then later in January I'll start extrapolating the feedback and implementing it into the EA Fifa Database before it then becomes the update we can all download in February :)

I think City Fan on here is a bit of a fifa fan and, of course a Leicester fan so might be worth him putting in his two cents..

Aye, but haven't played it for about a month and have no intention of playing it before my last exam on the 20th incase I get addicted to it again! But afterwards I will have a look.

Just some other things I would mention;

- Considering the hold-up on Mark Davies' loan from Wolves, the boy's potential and Wolves' current situation with injuries you could doubt ever seeing Davies in a City shirt again, so be careful with his inclusion.
- Our two main wingers (Dyer and Gradel) are very under - rated in Fifa 09 (especially Dyer who is generally very poor in-game).
- Also improvement to Bruno Berner's stats, being a regular for us this season.

- Our two main wingers (Dyer and Gradel) are very under - rated in Fifa 09 (especially Dyer who is generally very poor in-game).
- Also improvement to Bruno Berner's stats, being a regular for us this season.

Sorry to be a pain but can you be a little more specific in the areas you think should be improved for each player? TIA :)

That can be fixed pretty easily, in terms of the rest of the squad are they the fastest in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669