Finances 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any prize money lost by the big clubs would be easily made up by them selling cartoon ape pictures to companies in the Gulf.....just a prediction.

Any prize money lost by the big clubs would be easily made up by them selling cartoon ape pictures to companies in the Gulf.....just a prediction.
Nah someone would find that offensive so it would have to be something really bland like a close up picture of a blade of grass, but then again that's also bound to offend some Karren on social media somewhere, best just not bother with any pictures and just hand over bags of cash anyway, I mean it's not like they will get any sanctions for it anyway so why bother trying to hide it

take a look closer to home with premier league money and 'the rest'
Not saying that doesn't happen too. The shelf seems even more pronounced with European football though.
Excellent job of branding by the champions league really. Hate to admit it but that is the difference.

That's a very stupid idea for lots of obvious reasons. Therefore, I expect it to be brought in in the near future.
I think the really interesting suggestion would be the cost cap that F1 teams have now. The issue of course is that the money in the premier league is always touted as 'the reason players come'.

I have mixed feelings about it all. I think everyone would enjoy the game more if top players got paid 40% less and tickets were much cheaper, but you'd never get that.

I think the really interesting suggestion would be the cost cap that F1 teams have now. The issue of course is that the money in the premier league is always touted as 'the reason players come'.

I have mixed feelings about it all. I think everyone would enjoy the game more if top players got paid 40% less and tickets were much cheaper, but you'd never get that.
You'd of thought when all these star players kiss the badge and proclaim their love for the club that they would volunteer to have a pay cut to lower ticket prices...

Looking at the proportion of income that actually comes from ticket sales rather than broadcast rights and sponsorship, I don't think you'd fund that meaningful a reduction in pay by reducing prices.

Looking at the proportion of income that actually comes from ticket sales rather than broadcast rights and sponsorship, I don't think you'd fund that meaningful a reduction in pay by reducing prices.
Aye fair enough, I hadn't looked that deeply into it but it doesn't surprise it me that it sounds right. Didn't someone say at one point we could fill the stadium for free and not lose much? Weird concept but really odd if true.

If you want to look at salary caps look at Rugby Union in England it massively effected them in European competitions. If it was applied it would have be done throughout UEFA and I can not see that happening especially when have clubs are being purchased by countries.

Salary caps won't work. You just have to look at how Many City appear to pay employees via unofficial routes to support their official salaries.

We're at it too. Susan Whelan is just about the lowest paid CEO in the PL. She's fine though as she has a secondary role with KP that they don't have to declare.

The richest ones always win.

Salary caps won't work. You just have to look at how Many City appear to pay employees via unofficial routes to support their official salaries.

We're at it too. Susan Whelan is just about the lowest paid CEO in the PL. She's fine though as she has a secondary role with KP that they don't have to declare.

The richest ones always win.
Other than OHL, does she actually do any non-LCFC stuff?

Yeah just like I volunteered for a pay cut so my employer could make bigger profits, sure you did as well
It's not the Employer that would benefit its the fans, if I was on £150k a week I'd happily give away 10k towards a good cause

Other than OHL, does she actually do any non-LCFC stuff?

Probably not but I'm sure I read somewhere that she is still a board member with KP. I'm certain that she'll be well looked after by Top. Probably one of those £500k a year for a days work gigs.

KP did have interests in horse racing and polo. They were the main sponsors of the main UK event. I think Top still plays, for KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566