Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anybody else having any issues with Firefox lately?

For the past few months, certain sites will freeze up not only Firefox but my whole computer for up to 30 seconds. The cursor freezes, the NUMLOCK button won't operate and nor will ALT/CTRL/DEL. After a while I get a sound pop and then everything returns to normal. This even happens when Firefox is started in safemode. The same sites do not cause problems when opened with Chrome or IE.

The most recent site I have found that does this is http://www.orange.co.uk/

Googling seems to indicate that a lot of people have problems with this sort of scenario but I haven't yet found a solution that works.

Using the latest version of Firefox on a 64bit Win7 system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

For the past few months, certain sites will freeze up not only Firefox but my whole computer for up to 30 seconds. The cursor freezes, the NUMLOCK button won't operate and nor will ALT/CTRL/DEL. After a while I get a sound pop and then everything returns to normal. This even happens when Firefox is started in safemode. The same sites do not cause problems when opened with Chrome or IE.

Googling seems to indicate that a lot of people have problems with this sort of scenario but I haven't yet found a solution that works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I find it happens with sites that overload flash or JavaScript. It tends to be a script that is stuck in a loop and keeps going until Firefox kills it.

I find it happens with sites that overload flash or JavaScript. It tends to be a script that is stuck in a loop and keeps going until Firefox kills it.

Do you know if there is a solution Matt or is the answer to use Chrome instead?!

Do you know if there is a solution Matt or is the answer to use Chrome instead?!

I haven't had the problem since I upgraded to windows 7 with clean installs of java, flash and Firefox, it might be worth uninstalling those and reinstalling. I know Java doesn't have anything to do with JavaScript but it's just something else I've noted I had to reinstall. If the sites are badly programmed though it will continue to cause hangs, it's just controlling how system handles it as best you can.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox on a 64bit Win7 system myself and not noticed any problems despite using multiple tabs with lots happening.

Perhaps Firefox are trying to wind you up or maybe Google are making it happen to entice you to Chrome. Have you found other odd happenings recently Spion?

Perhaps Firefox are trying to wind you up or maybe Google are making it happen to entice you to Chrome.

I spoke too soon earlier - Chrome has done exactly the same on the Orange website! Not tried Opera but so far the only faultless browser is IE!

Have you found other odd happenings recently Spion?

Oh yes, but probably best not to repeat then in public.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Its driving me batshit mental at the moment - keep getting the box pop up with the "busy script" info and its freezing up a lot too. I'm not on win7 tho, am still on ancient XP.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Facebook is having this 'issue' as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566