Florida / villas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a bit of a road trip; we flew into Orlando, then went to Tampa, then Miami, then back up to Orlando.

When we went to Miami, we went to the Everglades Safari Park, and we did the airboat ride, although we had to go back the next day as there were a lot of storms the first day that we went. They were really great about it, and gave us free passes, although I would have expected that anyway. I really enjoyed it, although it was quite disconcerting when we were standing outside waiting to go in, and looking at the 'gators in the pools outside, and then realising that these were actually wild, and there was nothing to stop them from jumping out of the water and attacking us!!

I do wish that we had spent more time in Miami, and that we had been based nearer to South Beach. Because we had to go back for our airboat ride, we didn't go down to the Keys either, but we're planning to go back this year.

I also liked Cocoa Beach, which is near the Cape Canaveral. There's a huge beach, and a nature walk, which the kids would probably like (too many spiders for my liking...). The place always sticks in my mind because when I was photographing a US Air Force helicopter that flew over the beach, the guys on board waved at me!

Cocoa beach is good i went two years ago and hired a surf board from ron johns which was a good experience as i had never done it before.
I would also recomend gatorland which looks a bit crap but is a good cheap day out.
There you can actualy wrestle a gator (they tape threre mouths up) a bit cruel i know but something to tell your friends about unless your me and the ****ing thing pissed all over me.

One thing whats it like driving over their as ive never driven in the USA ,as the last time i went was my honeymoon( NY)

complete piece of cake, once you get used to being able to jump red lights if you are turning right youll be laughing.

as they drive on the other side of the road its the equivalent to turning left here on the red light if its clear to do so.

What? So when did a red light stop meaning stop until it turns green?
Has the law been changed?

i never said that was the law in the UK-i gave the example of turning left so that you would understand how it worked by giving you an example you could familiarise yourself with.

i never said that was the law in the UK-i gave the example of turning left so that you would understand how it worked by giving you an example you could familiarise yourself with.

Aah righton. It just came across that you were stating it as fact.

There you can actualy wrestle a gator (they tape threre mouths up) a bit cruel i know but something to tell your friends about unless your me and the ****ing thing pissed all over me.

You sure it was piss? They can get pretty excited at the close contact involved with wrestling you know.

I would also recomend gatorland which looks a bit crap but is a good cheap day out.

I think that is more than 'a bit cruel' in my opinion.
I hate to see wild animals being used for human entertainment like this, I find it sickening.

I think that is more than 'a bit cruel' in my opinion.
I hate to see wild animals being used for human entertainment like this, I find it sickening.

They should use some normal sellotape, see the punters run then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670