Football stuff on the internets

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Bournemouth are a wonderful team and play some creative football and I expect a tough game against them on Saturday and we will have to be at our best to beat the Cherries because they come with a bite, as we don't want to end up with pie in our face.

Well we don't want to upset them do we.

Last edited:
I think Bournemouth are a wonderful team and play some creative football and I expect a tough game against them on Saturday and we will have to be at our best to beat the Cherries because they come with a bite as we don't want to end up with pie in our face.
I want cherry pie. With some of that spray cream stuff.

Completely ****ish thing to do but seems a crazy sentence for one punch seeing as people get battered within an inch of their lives most Friday & Saturday nights across the country but attackers don't even get as much as that.

He's hardly a danger to the public so why lock him up and drain public funds even more. Community service and a fine would have been more appropriate imo but I assume that because it was related to football it is pretty much an automatic custodial sentence. Still barmy imo.

Completely ****ish thing to do but seems a crazy sentence for one punch seeing as people get battered within an inch of their lives most Friday & Saturday nights across the country but attackers don't even get as much as that.

He's hardly a danger to the public so why lock him up and drain public funds even more. Community service and a fine would have been more appropriate imo but I assume that because it was related to football it is pretty much an automatic custodial sentence. Still barmy imo.
He got done for violent disorder so I think a custodial sentence was a given. I'm guessing there may have been more to his actions that day than just the headline - from reading the reports at the time he was in an area where there was a violent mob causing a fair bit of mayhem. Fitz may be able to throw some light on this.

He got done for violent disorder so I think a custodial sentence was a given. I'm guessing there may have been more to his actions that day than just the headline - from reading the reports at the time he was in an area where there was a violent mob causing a fair bit of mayhem. Fitz may be able to throw some light on this.

Having not read that article, he may also have previous.

It wasn't exactly what you see every week down the football - but I think the media up here have managed to blow the whole thing entirely out of proportion. It was mostly people dancing agressively about 30-50 yards from police and pretending to threaten them, typical soft shite mentality. Kids throwing bottles about and generally being twats and so on.

I don't think the guy had any previous but quite clearly is a bellend so despite the sentance being harsh for the crime his personality probably justifies it.

Are you trying to suggest that fans of lower league clubs have hitherto led blameless lives?
No far from it, those poor Barrow fans the other week can certainly claim that even Non League can get its fair share of incidents. But Crewe is not the place you might have expected such vile behaviour to come from. However as we know from our own Club and many others there is always a small minority who can get into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669