For all the negativity....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maffyou

.... Just one positive I can think of several beers and much chewing it over later:

This has surely got to force Mandarics hand, we won't (touch wood) get relegated this season, not because we're any good but because the teams at the bottom are so shite. Come the summer we'll have a brand spanking new manager with fresh ideas and some money to spend.

.... Just one positive I can think of several beers and much chewing it over later:

This has surely got to force Mandarics hand, we won't (touch wood) get relegated this season, not because we're any good but because the teams at the bottom are so shite. Come the summer we'll have a brand spanking new manager with fresh ideas and some money to spend.

you've hit the nail on the head regarding teams below us. it doesn't matteer how hard we try to be a relegated side (like today) they are still much worse

you've hit the nail on the head regarding teams below us. it doesn't matteer how hard we try to be a relegated side (like today) they are still much worse

Not sure how people can keep saying that when we have played each of the bottom four since February (Luton, Southend, Leeds and QPR) and only taken 3 points from a possible 12 against them. 3 of those 4 games were at home as well. Of the games we've got left, only Barnsley are below us in the table so it's not even like we've got easy games coming up.

I think we'll stay up simply because of how many teams are below us, but it is by no means a certainty and if we keep dropping points like this it's going to be much to close for comfort, and much closer than it ever looked like being even just a couple of weeks ago! With 7 teams below us and only 8 games to go (7 games for a fair few of them) then that should be enough space, but we need to make sure we pick up the points soon to guarantee we're still in this league next year.

Last edited:
The point isnt how many points we've taken off them but how few points they will clock up, we were 2 points off the relegation zone a few games back then (i dont remember the details but) we were exactly the number of points wed got plus 2 above it 3 games later. Sorry thats a bit vague but the point is that those teams just wont pick up enough points to catch us.

I'm fairly positive that yesterday's performance did more for the medium term future of this club than a convincing win

There will probably be another run where we pick up a few points to keep us safe. I only hope that this latest poor run has convinced MM of what some of us have seen for some time...RK is NOT the man for the job!!!!!

I am positive Kelly should feck off................

Last edited:
Ray-Stubbs-016046.jpg

I'm fairly positive that yesterday's performance did more for the medium term future of this club than a convincing win

i would go along with that. the little run of good results we had around the completion of the takeover probably saved RK with the bad results prior to this put down to all the uncertainty.

Now it is different RK has brought in new players albeit on loan but they have had little impact. this is his team the way they play is he style of play and it is not good enough. MM must see that

I'm glad somebody can call it a performance I can't coz I saw no-one on our side perform it was humiliating to watch

I used to play many many years ago but was only good enough for a city league side, but my christ I put more effort and imagination into playing than that lot displayed
yesterday and that after paying for the pitch, and for the priviledge of being in the side ...putting up the goal posts cleaning my own kit and travelling under my own steam.

I'm glad somebody can call it a performance I can't coz I saw no-one on our side perform it was humiliating to watch

Humiliating yes - but ultimately all for the best.

Kelly stands for everything substandard that was the sad Leicester City under the last regime.

We should be grateful that he had made such a mess of things because there can be no doubt now that he has to go.....not to another job at the Walkers but out of the door completely.

As has been noted elsewhere in this thread, some of us have known for a long time that Kelly is utterly out of his depth, but because some folk have got used to living with such low standards there has been a reluctance to acknowledge how useless he is.

Nothing is complicated at the Walkers - you don't have to be half clever to see what has needed putting right. A board of no hopers had to go ...and a no hoper manager has to go. Look at what has happened at Sunderland who were in a similar position to ourselves a few months ago. It's down to Manderic now to bring in someone decent, whether it be Newell or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669