Forest 5-1 City

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the 5th went in I did fleetingly think, if they get 9 at least I’ll have a chance of getting my money

I dont know what it is but I get the feeling you're a little bit defensive about something...

Well done Simon! What do you expect? We have just been hammered 5-1. Do you really expect us to be boasting!? You would be exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Come to think of it, I can't remember once going on a forest forum when you were languishing in league one and at the bottom of the championship..... I don't even recall rubbing it in my mates faces. Go wank over your forest scarf!

Last edited:
My personal opinion on city this season is that Pearson has us organised enough to beat the majority of the crap in this division. You dont need a great deal of quality to do this and can get promoted on that basis. It does mean that you may suffer from defeats to the better teams in the league and regardless of this one crap result we are having a really good season. A win to brizzle on tuesday with florist struggling away to Sheff Utd and Saturday will be forgotten on tb.

My main thoughts after that disaster were

(i) worried that we've lost against almost anyone decent or in-form that we've played against except for QPR - Newcastle, WBA, the trees, and that other huge team from this division.

(ii) if (i) is going to be a recurring trend then to secure a play-off spot we need to kill off the other games better than we have done and score more goals

No problem with the substitutions being made early in the game, far from being a sign of NP losing it I would rather have a manager who has the guts to do it. Remember the way other managers failed to make any kind of tactical impact with their subs?

My personal opinion on city this season is that Pearson has us organised enough to beat the majority of the crap in this division. You dont need a great deal of quality to do this and can get promoted on that basis. It does mean that you may suffer from defeats to the better teams in the league and regardless of this one crap result we are having a really good season. A win to brizzle on tuesday with florist struggling away to Sheff Utd and Saturday will be forgotten on tb.
Agree totally!!

Junior, defensive ? You of al people should know we cant defend to save our lives!

Anyway lads. Just look at Forests defensive lineup, their wingbacks are both Premiership players. We should take heed from that and do the same.

Ours are rubbish!
Their defence IMO were quire slow and one dimensional. We just never tested them. Especially the two centre halves. They looked slow and ponderous to me!!

After watching the goals, and the issues with our strikeforce put to one side, our defending was shocking yesterday, much worse than normal, so I don't see this being a recurring issue.

After watching the goals, and the issues with our strikeforce put to one side, our defending was shocking yesterday, much worse than normal, so I don't see this being a recurring issue.

Wayne Brown backing off and letting defenders run at him is not a recurring issue? Jack Hobbs standing behind his man and allowing to do whatever he likes is not a recurring issue? Robbie Neilson being constantly out of position is not a recurring issue? The midfield offering the defence little support is not a recurring issue?

The only non-recurring defensive issue that I saw yesterday was the inability of Bruno Berner to stick his leg in and come away with the ball; he usually does that well but had a nightmare yesterday.

Even from the little that was aired on the TV and the description of the play on the radio yesterday, I think there were a lot of recurring issues. The main difference from other games was that F!"£$t had an attacking line-up which was keen to capitalise on our defensive slackness. Other times we've been lucky.

Last edited:
Wayne Brown backing off and letting defenders run at him is not a recurring issue? Jack Hobbs standing behind his man and allowing to do whatever he likes is not a recurring issue? Robbie Neilson being constantly out of position is not a recurring issue? The midfield offering the defence little support is not a recurring issue?

The only non-recurring defensive issue that I saw yesterday was the inability of Bruno Berner to stick his leg in and come away with the ball; he usually does that well but had a nightmare yesterday.

Even from the little that was aired on the TV and the description of the play on the radio yesterday, I think there were a lot of recurring issues. The main difference from other games was that F!"£$t had an attacking line-up which was keen to capitalise on our defensive slackness. Other times we've been lucky.

Sounds about right from what I saw. Brown and Neilson have both been awful all season. I'm not going to say we've got major problems, because in reality we haven't, but I feel the places of those two should be seriously considered. I also think Oakley and Howard are no longer of any use - on the pitch at least - and this thought saddens me because they've previously been very good.

How Brown and Neilson continue to get picked over Morrison is beyond me.

Absolutely cannot wait til Tunchev gets back.

Last edited:
Brown played awful yesterday but he has been pretty solid lately in my opinion, he just seems to make mistakes too often, I really can't work out how one week he can look fantastic at this level and then the next week he can look so out of his depth.

True, and Bristol City have Maynard and Haynes :(

Who?

advent_bill_maynard_420x315.jpg

haynes-owners-workshop-manual1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687